|Traded as||LSE: PTEC|
|Headquarters||Douglas, Isle of Man|
|Key people||Roger Withers, (Chairman)
Mor Weizer, (CEO)
|Products||Online gaming and casinos software|
|Revenue||€ 317.5m (2012)|
|Operating income||€ 136.2m (2012)|
|Net income||€ 86.9m (2012)|
|Employees||circa 1,000 (September 2011)|
Playtech Ltd. is a gaming software development company founded in 1999. The company provides software for online casinos, online poker rooms, online bingo games, online sports betting, scratch games, mobile gaming, live dealer games and fixed-odds arcade games online. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
After the passage of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, the company's stock suffered a one-day fall of over 40%.
On 22 October 2008, Playtech announced that it would acquire private assets from Teddy Sagi in return for $250 million. Then in March 2011, Playtech bought PT Turnkey Services from Teddy Sagi for £125m.
Playtech employs circa 1,000 people (September 2011) in five countries: 10 in the Isle of Man where the headquarters are located, 123 in the United Kingdom, 171 in Israel, 154 in Bulgaria, 518 in Tartu, Estonia and 180 in Kiev, Ukraine.
- Preliminary Results 2012
- Euro Partners Adds Scratch Games to its Growing Range of Online Gaming Verticals Online Gambling News, 1 January 2010
- Playtech plans to raise £175m in IPO FT.com, 17 February 2006
- Playtech’s Power Play Poker Update, 18 August 2011
- Playtech game plan questioned The Telegraph, 14 April 2011
- Playtech, official site. Accessed 9-5-2011.
- ThePOGG (27th November 2012). "ThePOGG Interviews – Geoff Hall – The creator of Blackjack Switch".