Tower 1 (right) & Tower 2 (left)
|Cost||US$320 M |
|Top floor||Tower 1: 247.5 m (812 ft)|
|Floor area||140,263 m2 (1,509,780 sq ft)|
|Lifts/elevators||Tower 1: 19|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||East China Architectural Design & Research Institute Co. Ltd., Frank C. Y. Feng Architects & Associates, Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates PC|
|Structural engineer||Thornton Tomasetti, Flack & Kurtz Consulting Engineers|
|Main contractor||Shanghai Construction Group|
Plaza 66 (Chinese: 恒隆广场) is a commercial and office complex in Shanghai, consisting of a shopping mall and two skyscrapers. The shopping mall has 5 levels with a total area of over 50,000 square metres. Tower One is 288 metres (945 ft) high and was completed in 2001, while Tower 2 is 228 metres (748 ft) high and was completed in 2006.
Tower One is currently the 5th tallest skyscraper in Shanghai and the third tallest building in the Puxi area. It is located at 1266 Nanjing Road West and has 66 floors. The project was developed by Hang Lung Properties of Hong Kong, led by Ronnie Chan. The buildings were designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF) architects from New York. The lead designer for KPF was James von Klemperer and the manager in charge of the project was Paul Katz. The building got third most votes in the 2001 Emporis Skyscraper Award selection.
Plaza 66 is an office building and integrated commercial complex in Shanghai, China. The building has 66 floors, which is why it was named Plaza 66. There is a department store from the first floor to the fifth floor containing high-end brands. Many fashion brands have chosen this department store as the location for their flagship stores in Shanghai. They include Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Cartier, Chanel, Dior, Celine, Escada, Bvlgari, Fendi, Loewe, Prada, Versace and Lanvin.
The building was up until 2010 the location for M2, one of the most famous nightclubs in Shanghai. M2 was relocated to another location the same year.
- Georges Binder, ed. (2006). One Hundred and One of the World's Tallest Buildings. Mulgrave, Victoria Australia: The Images Publishing Group PTY Ltd 2006. pp. 94–95. ISBN 1-86470-173-0.
- "Plaza 66 - The Skyscraper Center". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat.
- Emporis.com - Plaza 66
- Emporis.com - Plaza 66 Tower 2
- Emporis Skyscraper Award - The nominees for 2001
- Plaza 66 on CTBUH Skyscraper Center
- Plaza 66 Tower One at Emporis
- Plaza 66 Tower Two at Emporis
- Plaza 66 Tower One at SkyscraperPage
- Plaza 66 Tower Two at SkyscraperPage
- Plaza 66 at www.hanglung.com