Pleasant Dreams: Nightmares
Jacket illustration by Gary Gore for Pleasant Dreams: Nightmares by Robert Bloch
|Cover artist||Gary Gore|
|Genre||Fantasy, Horror short stories|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
Pleasant Dreams: Nightmares is a collection of fantasy and horror short stories by author Robert Bloch. It was released in 1960 and was the author's second book published by Arkham House. It was released in an edition of 2,060 copies.
Pleasant Dreams: Nightmares contains the following tales:
- "Sweets to the Sweet"
- "The Dream-Makers"
- "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"
- "I Kiss Your Shadow"
- "Mr. Steinway"
- "The Proper Spirit"
- "The Cheaters"
- "Hungarian Rhapsody"
- "The Lighthouse" (with Edgar Allan Poe)
- "The Hungry House"
- "The Sleeping Beauty"
- "Sweet Sixteen"
- "That Hell-Bound Train"
- London: Whiting & Wheaton, 1967 as Pleasant Dreams and Nightmares.
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. p. 54. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 37.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. pp. 68–69. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 80. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.