Pleasant Ridge is an unincorporated community in Marion Township, Jasper County, Indiana.
A post office was established at Pleasant Ridge in 1878, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1923. The community's name is descriptive.
Pleasant Ridge was made a station on the railroad built through that territory in the early 1880s.
Pleasant Ridge is located at 40°56′02″N 87°04′27″W / 40.93389°N 87.07417°W.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Jasper County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 267. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...named for the pleasant view and its location...
- ^ A standard history of Jasper and Newton counties, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. 1916. p. 74.