Pleasant Township, Logan County, Ohio
|Pleasant Township, Logan County, Ohio|
Much of Pleasant Township consists of rolling hills, with woods and farmland (like any other place in the western side of the state of Ohio)
Location of Pleasant Township in Ohio
Municipalities and townships of Logan County
|• Total||24.2 sq mi (62.7 km2)|
|• Land||24.2 sq mi (62.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,020 ft (311 m)|
|• Density||44.7/sq mi (17.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086491|
Located in the southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Bloomfield Township - north
- Washington Township - northeast
- Harrison Township - east
- Union Township - southeast
- Miami Township - south
- Salem Township, Shelby County - west
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Logan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township trustee results", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township fiscal officer", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.