Please Do Not Disturb
|Please Do Not Disturb|
|Directed by||Mohsen Abdolvahab|
|Produced by||Mohammad Ahmadi|
|Written by||Mohsen Abdolvahab|
|Music by||Fardin Khalatbari|
|Edited by||Sepideh Abdolvahab|
|Running time||80 minutes|
Please Do Not Disturb (Persian: Lotfan mozahem nashavid) is a 2010 tri-segmented Iranian anthology film written and directed by Mohsen Abdolvahab, starring Baran Kosari in the lead role. It is produced and cinematographed by Mohammad Ahmadi. It is Abdolvahab's first full length feature film.
It was critically well acclaimed and has won many accolades, including the Silver Award at the 18th Damascus International Film Festival. It was premiered at the 28th Fajr International Film Festival, and was internationally released in 2010 at 15th Pusan International Film Festival in South Korea. It was screened at the 7th Dubai International Film Festival, and was the inaugural film at the International Film Festival of Kerala. It was also screened at the International Film Festival of India.
The film is set in contemporary Tehran, and portrays the city life in three distinctive episodes of sentiment, sensitivity and wit. In the first story, we see a young woman who has been beaten by her husband. The woman is about to complain legally, but the husband is concerned about his job and the embarrassment. The next story is about a clergyman whose wallet and documents have been stolen. The clergyman tries to get the documents back from the thief. The last story is the story of an elderly couple whose TV has broken. The couple is alone in the building and is afraid of opening the door to the young repairman.
- Baran Kosari as Roushanak
- Afshin Hashemi
- Hedayat Hashemi
- Shirin Yazdanbakhsh
- Mohsen Kazemi
- Hamed Behdad
- "Inaugural film: ‘Please Do Not Disturb’". Indian Express. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "Damascus festival awards Iranian film". Press TV. Retrieved 13 November 2010.
- Entry at Dubai International Film Festival. Dubai International Film Festival
- "'Please Do Not Disturb' Opening Film Of 15th IFFK". Yentha.com. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- Glimpses of contemporary Iranian cinema at IFFI. WebIndia. Retrieved 27 November 2010
- "Festival History". Damascus International Film Festival.