|Studio album by Berlin|
|Label||M.A.O./Enigma in 1982, re-released by Geffen on January 26, 1983
|Producer||Daniel van Ratten|
Pleasure Victim is the second studio album by the American new wave band Berlin, released in 1982. To date, it is Berlin's best-selling album and was certified gold by the RIAA in September 1984 and platinum in February 1993.
The album was initially released in 1982 by Enigma Records. After radio stations began playing its first single, "Sex (I'm A...)", Pleasure Victim was re-released by Geffen Records in 1983. Two subsequent singles followed: "The Metro", considered a "masterpiece" of '80s new wave, and "Masquerade". All three singles charted on the Billboard Hot 100.
Originally including seven tracks, Pleasure Victim is sometimes listed as being an EP album. Subsequent cassette and CD versions of Pleasure Victim added an eighth track, an extended version of "Sex (I'm A ...)."
All songs written by John Crawford, except where noted.
- "Tell Me Why" - 5:34
- "Pleasure Victim" - 3:50
- "Sex (I'm A...)" (Crawford, Terri Nunn, David Diamond) - 5:08
- "Masquerade" (Chris Ruiz-Velasco) - 4:04
- "The Metro" - 4:07
- "World of Smiles" - 3:50
- "Torture" - 2:36
- * "Sex (I'm A ...)" (Extended version) (Crawford, Nunn, Diamond) - 8:10 (Note: track not included on original vinyl release)
|Canadian Albums Chart||22|
|New Zealand Albums Chart||12|
|U.S. Billboard 200||30|
- John Crawford: Bass, Synthesizer, Vocals on "Sex (I'm A...)"
- David Diamond: Synthesizer, Guitar, Vocals
- Terri Nunn: Vocals, BJs
- Daniel Van Patten: Drums, Electronic Percussion
- Chris Ruiz-Velasco: Guitar
- Ric Olsen: Guitar
- Rod Learned: Drums on "Tell Me Why"
- Produced, recorded and engineered by Daniel Van Patten
- Assistant engineer: Jon Saint James
- Mixed by "Maomen"
- Pleasure Victim at AllMusic
- Grein, Paul (Oct 13, 1984), "More Gold for Elton, Chicago", Billboard: 4
- It is the only one of Berlin's albums to be certified platinum and the first that reached gold; two subsequent studio albums and a greatest hits compilation were also certified gold. See RIAA's Gold & Platinum Program database for details.
- Steffen Hung (2012-02-27). "New Zealand charts portal". charts.org.nz. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- Original Geffen vinyl record cover