|Studio album by Berlin|
January 26, 1983 (re-release)
|Label||M.A.O./Enigma (1982), re-released by Geffen
|Producer||Daniel van Ratten|
|Singles from Pleasure Victim|
Pleasure Victim is the second studio album by the American new wave band Berlin. Originally released in 1982 by independent label Enigma Records, the album was re-released worldwide by Geffen Records on January 26, 1983. To date, it is Berlin's best-selling album and was certified gold by the RIAA in September 1984 and platinum in February 1993.
The album came to attention thanks to its first notable hit, "Sex (I'm A...)." Two subsequent singles followed: "The Metro", considered a "masterpiece" of '80s new wave, and "Masquerade". All three singles charted on the Billboard Hot 100.
Originally including seven tracks on both vinyl and cassette, Pleasure Victim is sometimes listed as being an EP album. Subsequent cassette and CD versions of Pleasure Victim added an eighth track, an extended version of "Sex (I'm A ...)."
All songs written and composed by John Crawford, except where indicated.
|1.||"Tell Me Why"||5:34|
|3.||"Sex (I'm A...)"||John Crawford, Terri Nunn, David Diamond||5:08|
|6.||"World of Smiles"||3:50|
|Geffen reissue bonus track|
|8.||"Sex (I'm A...) (Extended Version)"||John Crawford, Terri Nunn, David Diamond||8:10|
|Canadian Albums Chart||22|
|New Zealand Albums Chart||12|
|U.S. Billboard 200||30|
- Terri Nunn: Vocals
- John Crawford: Bass, Synthesizer, Vocals on "Sex (I'm A...)"
- David Diamond: Synthesizer, Guitar, Vocals
- Daniel Van Patten: Drums, Electronic Percussion
- Chris Ruiz-Velasco: Guitar
- Ric Olsen: Guitar
- Rod Learned: Drums on "Tell Me Why"
- Produced, recorded and engineered by Daniel Van Patten
- Assistant engineer: Jon Saint James
- Mixed by "Maomen"
- Pleasure Victim at AllMusic
- Grein, Paul (Oct 13, 1984), "More Gold for Elton, Chicago", Billboard: 4
- It is the only one of Berlin's albums to be certified platinum and the first that reached gold; two subsequent studio albums and a greatest hits compilation were also certified gold. See RIAA's Gold & Platinum Program database for details.
- Steffen Hung (2012-02-27). "New Zealand charts portal". charts.org.nz. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- Original Geffen vinyl record cover