Pleasure to Kill
|Pleasure to Kill|
|Studio album by Kreator|
|Recorded||Musiclab in Berlin, Germany, 1986|
|Producer||Harris Johns, Ralf Hubert|
Pleasure to Kill is the second studio album by German thrash metal band Kreator, released in April 1986 by Noise Records. The lyrical themes follow those found on their first album Endless Pain. Many death metal bands cite this album as an influence[examples needed]. Pleasure to Kill is widely considered a thrash classic. It is also considered a landmark album in the history of thrash metal along with Master of Puppets by Metallica, Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? by Megadeth, Reign in Blood by Slayer, Eternal Devastation by Destruction and Darkness Descends by Dark Angel, all released in 1986.
All songs written and composed by Mille Petrozza, except as noted.
|1.||"Choir of the Damned"||1:40|
|3.||"Death Is Your Saviour"||Fioretti, Petrozza, Reil||3:58|
|4.||"Pleasure to Kill"||4:11|
|5.||"Riot of Violence"||Petrozza, Reil||4:56|
|7.||"Carrion"||Fioretti, Petrozza, Reil||4:48|
|8.||"Command of the Blade"||Petrozza, Reil||3:57|
|9.||"Under the Guillotine"||4:38|
|10.||"Flag of Hate*"||Fioretti, Petrozza, Reil||3:56|
|11.||"Take Their Lives*"||6:26|
|12.||"Awakening of the Gods*"||7:33|
The tracks marked with an asterisk are bonus tracks from the re-released and remastered versions. They are taken from the Flag of Hate EP.
"Choir of the Damned" is extended on the CD version (the running time listed is this version). The version on the LP is about a minute shorter and is missing the harmonised prelude from the CD version.
The original release of this album was on vinyl, but it was then re-released on limited red vinyl and CD.
The song "Flag of Hate" can also be found on Kreator's first album Endless Pain.
There is also a picture disc version of this album, called After the Attack, with the new title track as track 10 and on red vinyl.
Reissue of September 2000 has an error on the 3rd track which is "Death Of Your Saviour" while the original track is 'Death Is Your Saviour".
- Mille Petrozza – lead and rhythm guitar, lead vocals
- Jürgen Reil – drums, lead vocals on tracks 3, 5 and 8
- Rob Fioretti – bass guitar
- Fred Baumgart – photography
- Ralf Hubert – producer
- Harris Johns – producer, engineer
- Kreator – photography
- Phil Lawvere – cover artwork
- Maren Layout – design
- Mille Petrozza – remastering
- Karl-Ulrich Walterbach – executive producer
- Anderson, Jason. "Pleasure to Kill - Kreator". Allmusic. Retrieved December 14, 2010.
- "CD Gallery - Kreator". No Life 'til Metal. Retrieved December 7, 2011.
- "The History of Thrash Metal". Metal and Horror Movies. Archived from the original on April 28, 2007. Retrieved December 7, 2011.
- "Interview with Cannibal Corpse". Invisible Oranges. Archived from the original on July 3, 2007. Retrieved December 7, 2011.
- Blackmore, Ken. "Review of Pleasure to Kill". Sorted Magazine. Retrieved March 26, 2007.
- "HailMetal.com's Top 50 Thrash Albums of All Time". HailMetal.com. 2006. Retrieved March 26, 2007.
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Kreator Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved March 26, 2007.