From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up pledge in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pledge may refer to:
- A promise similar to an oath
- A promise to donate funds, as in a pledge drive
- Taxpayer Protection Pledge, a promise by politicians to oppose tax increases
- The Pledge (New Hampshire), a similar promise first used in New Hampshire
- Pledge of Allegiance, an oath of loyalty to the United States. See also Pledge of Allegiance (disambiguation) for the equivalent in other countries.
- Singapore National Pledge, an oath of allegiance to Singapore
- A commitment to abstain from alcohol, popularized by Theobold Mathew and currently in use by Hope UK
- The Pledge (film), a 2001 mystery directed by Sean Penn
- The Pledge: Requiem for the Detective Novel, a novella by Friedrich Dürrenmatt
- "The Pledge (Remix)", a song by Ja Rule on the album The Last Temptation
- The Pledge, the working title of A Gunfighter's Pledge, a 2008 TV Western film starring Luke Perry
- Pledge (law), also called a pawn, a deposit of personal property to a creditor
- H.S. Pledge & Sons Ltd, a milling business
- Toast (honor), a ritual in which a drink is taken
- Pledge (brand), a cleaning product made by S. C. Johnson & Son
- A prospective member of a fraternity or sorority
- Pledge Algorithm, a maze solving algorithm
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.