|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
Logo Of Pledis Entertainment
|Founder||Han Sungsoo (CEO , founding chairman) , Jung Hae Chang (CEO)|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|Location||Yeoksam dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea|
Pledis Entertainment (Hangul: 플레디스 엔터테인먼트) is a South Korean music label, home to artists Son Dam Bi, Park Kahi, After School, After School's sub-unit Orange Caramel, NU’EST, Yoo Ara, Yoonjo, and Seventeen.
- 1 History
- 2 Controversies
- 3 Recording Artists
- 4 Happy Pledis
- 5 Discography
- 6 References
- 7 External links
The CEO of Pledis Entertainment is Han Sung Soo. In 2007, he took Park Kahi and Son Dam Bi to create Pledis. They had no building nor an office, only a practice room. Pledis Entertainment held auditions in San Francisco and Los Angeles in 2011. Through these auditions, they hope to meet highly inspired and talented people.
Son Dam Bi was the first artist to début under Pledis in 2007. She was named the female version of Rain. Pledis débuted their first girl group After School in 2009. In 2010, Pledis debuted a sub-unit of After School, Orange Caramel. Pledis artists came together for the first time for the Happy Pledis 2010 album. The first Happy Pledis Album was released on 6 December 2010 and consisted of 4 tracks; "Love Love Love" as their album single, "Someone Is You" and 2 instrumentals of the two songs. Pledis had planned a series of "Happy Pledis" albums with their artists After School, Son Dambi, and Orange Caramel as a surprise gift for the fans. A portion of the profits from the "Happy Pledis" albums would be donated to the “Save the Children” organization. In 2011 after their comeback After School split into two sub units; A.S. Red & A.S. Blue. They both débuted at the same time. Happy Pledis 2011 was released in December. A portion of the Happy Pledis 2011 earnings was donated to UNICEF to help look after those in need, and the album is also a gift to the fans who have shown the artists so much love and interest. The album included Son Dambi, After School, NU'EST, Pledis Boys, and Yoo Ara. On March 15, 2012, Pledis début their first boy band NU’EST. In 2012 Pledis' second girl group Hello Venus debuted on May 9. In June 2012, Kahi graduated from After School but will remain with Pledis as she pursues a solo career. On July 31,2014, Pledis and their partnership Fantagio , the joined project in creation of Tricell Media, founder of Hello Venus stated that the members of Hello Venus will be returning to their respective agencies. Thus, the four members under Fantagio will go on as Hello Venus, while Yoo Ara and Yoonjo who are originally under Pledis will be pursuing separate activities.
Joint venture with YUEHUA Entertainment
On November 11,2013, Pledis Entertainment and Yuehua Entertainment had a press interview on their collaboration stratagem, labeled as 'YUEHUA Entertainment X Pledis', at the Beijing Banquet Hall and officially start their business alliance. YUEHUA Entertainment is the agency of various artists including Hangeng, Singaporean singer A Do, and more. YUEHUA Entertainment is also the one and only Chinese entertainment company that had established a branch in Korea. Pledis's artists Son Dam Bi, After School, and NU'EST as well as YUEHUA's artists were participated at this press conference . From this joint venture,NU'EST-M sub-unit was formed with included the addition of Chinese member,Jason Fulong Fei also known as JA and became a six member team. They performed their first stage at the press event and officially start their promotion in China.
Official Apology to After School Fanclub
Pledis Entertainment has made an official apology to After School's fans after major fan clubs complained about the members ignoring them at the 'Idol Futsal Championships' filmed on May 26 2014. According to reports, the members didn't greet the fan clubs when they entered nor did they stay for the ending filming. Considering that many fans came quite a way and waited a long while just to cheer the group on, the fan clubs were not happy with the situation and were angry that the agency didn't notify them that the members would not be participating in the end portion of filming. Pledis Entertainment stated, "Regardless of the situation at the time, we have no excuse and apologize to the fans and members for not properly handling it. We apologize to the fans for causing concern due to our inability to handle the situation properly. We understand the dissatisfaction that the fans have concerning Pledis. Through this incident, we're so sorry, and we will find a way to communicate as fans would like and respond in a realistic way that includes continuous feedback. We'll create communication channels, so we can come up with ideas alongside fans. We will make efforts so something like this doesn't happen again and consider the fans and members' perspectives more."  
|Début||Artists||Gender||Members||Leader||Status||Fanclub name||Fanclub Official Colour|
|2007||Son Dam Bi||Female||-||-||Active||DBLV||-|
|2009||After School||Female||8||Jungah||Active||Playgirlz & Playboyz||Yellow Munsell|
|2010||Orange Caramel||Female||3||Raina||Active||Playgirlz & Playboyz||Yellow Munsell|
|2012||Hello Venus||Female||6||Alice||Transferred||Hello Cupid||Lime Green|
|2014||Donny Han (Han Dong Geun)||Male||-||Active||-||-|
|2014||Raina||Female||-||Active||Playgirlz & Playboyz||Yellow Munsell|
Happy Pledis is the project name used by Pledis Entertainment for compilation works, similar to SM Town,YG Family,JYP Nation,United Cube and Starship Planet. It consists of current recording artists under the company
- Happy Pledis 2010 Album - Love Love Love
- Happy Pledis 2011 Album - Love Letter
- Happy Pledis 2012 Digital Single - Dashing through the snow with high heels
Actors and actresses
- Choi Ren
- Hwang Minhyun
- Kim Uee
- Lee Jooyeon
- Park Junghyeon
- Park Kahi
- Park Lizzy
- Son Dambi
- Wen Junhui
- Yoo Ara
- 2007: Son Dam Bi
- 2009: After School
- 2010: Orange Caramel
- 2011: Park Kahi
- 2012: NU’EST
- 2014: Han Dong Geun
- 2014: Seventeen
- Seventeen - Scheduled second Pledis boyband
- Choi Seungcheol
- Yoon Junghan
- Hong Jisoo
- Wen Junhui
- Kwon Soonyoung
- Jeon Wonwoo
- Lee Jihoon
- Lee Seokmin
- Kim Mingyu
- Xu Minghao
- Boo Seungkwan
- Chwe Hansol
- Lee Chan
- Shin Dongjin
- Kim Kyungmin (Pre-School Girl) - Winner of the me2day Search for After School’s 9th Member in 2010 (along with Yoo Ara).
- Park Junghyeon - Cameo in After School's Bang! and Orange Caramel's Aing music videos. Featured in Happy Pledis 2011 Love Letter music video and live performances. Performed at Seventeen's LIKE17 show 2.
- Shin Sohee (Pledis Girls) - Served as NU'EST back-up dancer and made a cameo in Seventeen TV teaser.Performed at Seventeen's LIKE17 show 2.
- Im Nayoung (Pledis Girls) - Served as Raina and San E back-up dancers for A Midsummer Night Sweetness promotions.
- Kim Minkang (Pledis Girls) - Official winner of the 2011 Happy Pledis audition.
- Jie Qiong Zhou/Pinky (Pledis Girls) - Performed at Seventeen's LIKE17 show 2.
- Kang Yebin (Pledis Girls) - Performed at Seventeen's LIKE17 show 2.
- Hello Venus
- Jang Doyoon
- Rebekah Kim (After School)
- Yoo Soyoung (After School)
- Fantagio (formerly NOA Entertainment) - manages Hello Venus members in their acting career (2012-2014)
- Avex Taiwan [After School]
- Gold Typhoon [Orange Caramel, A.S. Red & Bluel]
- Warner Music Taiwan [Nu'est]
- Gold Typhoon [After School]
- "Star News interviews Pledis CEO, Han Sung Soo". Allkpop.com. 2012-05-02. Retrieved 2012-05-13.
- "Pledis USA Personal Audition". Allkpop.com. 2011-09-09. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Son Dambi Proves She Is The Female Rain". jpopasia. 2008-06-16. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "After School splits up into subgroups". Allkpop.com. 2010-05-31. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Pledis Entertainment to Debut Another Girl Group, Hello Venus". Soompi. 2012-04-17. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Happy Pledis unveils special family album, '2011 HAPPY PLEDIS'". Allkpop. 20121-11-30. Retrieved 2013-08-09. Check date values in:
- "Pledis Entertainment makes official apology to After School fan clubs". Allkpop. 28 May 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "Apology to Angry Fans". Soompi. 28 May 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "Apology Message to After School Fanclubs". koreanupdates. 28 May 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "PLEDIS ISSUES APOLOGY". whatthehallyu. 28 May 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "Home > News > View Members Yooara and Yoonjo to Leave HelloVenus". mnet.com. mnet. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Han Dong Geun joins Pledis Entertainment". Allkpop.com. 2013-05-08. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- "Pledis to Debut 17 Member Boy Group with Average Age of 17". Soompi. 2012-04-26. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- Official website
- Pledis Entertainment on Facebook
- Pledis Entertainment on Twitter
- Pledis Entertainment's channel on YouTube