|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
Logo Of Pledis Entertainment
|Founder||Han Sung Soo (CEO , founding chairman) , Jung Hae Chang (Vice CEO)|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|Location||Yeoksam dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea|
Pledis Entertainment (Hangul: 플레디스 엔터테인먼트) is a South Korean record label and entertainment agency, home to artists Son Dam Bi, After School, After School's sub-unit Orange Caramel, NU'EST, Han Dong Geun, Yoonjo and Seventeen.
The CEO of Pledis Entertainment is Han Sung Soo. In 2007, he took Kahi and Son Dam Bi to create Pledis. They had no building nor an office, only a practice room. Pledis Entertainment held auditions in San Francisco and Los Angeles in 2011. Through these auditions, they hoped to meet highly inspired and talented people.
Pledis artists came together for the first time for the Happy Pledis 2010 album. The first Happy Pledis Album was released on 6 December 2010 and consisted of 4 tracks; "Love Love Love" as their album single, "Someone Is You" and 2 instrumentals of the two songs. Pledis had planned a series of "Happy Pledis" albums with their artists After School, Son Dambi, and Orange Caramel as a surprise gift for the fans. A portion of the profits from the "Happy Pledis" albums would be donated to the “Save the Children” organization.
Happy Pledis 2011 was released in December. A portion of the Happy Pledis 2011 earnings was donated to UNICEF to help look after those in need, and the album is also a gift to the fans who have shown the artists so much love and interest. The album included Son Dambi, After School, NU'EST, Pledis Boys, and Yoo Ara.
On March 15, 2012, Pledis debut their first boy band NU’EST.
In June, 2012, Kahi graduated from After School but will remain with Pledis as she pursues a solo career.
On July 31, 2014, Pledis and their partnership Fantagio , the joined project in creation of Tricell Media, founder of Hello Venus stated that the members of Hello Venus will be returning to their respective agencies. Thus, the four members under Fantagio will go on as Hello Venus, while Yoo Ara and Yoonjo who are originally under Pledis will be pursuing separate activities. Ara later left the company and joined Urbanworks Entertainment.
On December 31, 2014, Jooyeon's contract with Pledis Entertainment expired and she announced her graduation from After School that same day. On January 2015, Jooyeon signed with new management agency Better ENT, take her new steps as an actress. Kahi also left the company in the same month.
Joint venture with YUEHUA Entertainment
On November 11, 2013, Pledis Entertainment and Yuehua Entertainment had a press interview on their collaboration stratagem, labeled as 'YUEHUA Entertainment X Pledis', at the Beijing Banquet Hall and officially start their business alliance. YUEHUA Entertainment is the agency of various artists including Hangeng, Singaporean singer A Do, and more. YUEHUA Entertainment is also the one and only Chinese entertainment company that had established a branch in Korea. Pledis's artists Son Dam Bi, After School, and NU'EST as well as YUEHUA's artists were participated at this press conference . From this joint venture,NU'EST-M sub-unit was formed with included the addition of Chinese member, Jason Fulong Fei, also known as JA, and became a six member team. They performed their first stage at the press event and officially start their promotion in China.
Actors and actresses
Happy Pledis is the project name used by Pledis Entertainment for compilation works, similar to SM Town, YG Family, JYP Nation, United Cube and Starship Planet. It consists of current recording artists under the company
- Happy Pledis 2010 Album - Love Love Love
- Happy Pledis 2011 Album - Love Letter
- Happy Pledis 2012 Digital Single - Dashing Through The Snow with High Heels
- Fantagio (formerly NOA Entertainment) - managed Hello Venus members in their acting career (2012-2014)
- Brand New Music - managed After School, Seventeen members in their music career (2014-present)
- Avex Taiwan [After School]
- Gold Typhoon [Orange Caramel, A.S. Red & Bluel]
- Warner Music Taiwan [Nu'est]
- Gold Typhoon [After School]
- "Pledis Artists". Pledis Entertainment. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- "Star News interviews Pledis CEO, Han Sung Soo". Allkpop.com. 2012-05-02. Retrieved 2012-05-13.
- "Pledis USA Personal Audition". Allkpop.com. 2011-09-09. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Son Dambi Proves She Is The Female Rain". jpopasia. 2008-06-16. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "After School splits up into subgroups". Allkpop.com. 2010-05-31. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Pledis Entertainment to Debut Another Girl Group, Hello Venus". Soompi. 2012-04-17. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Happy Pledis unveils special family album, '2011 HAPPY PLEDIS'". Allkpop. 20121-11-30. Retrieved 2013-08-09. Check date values in:
- "Pledis to Debut 17 Member Boy Group with Average Age of 17". Soompi. 2012-04-26. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Pledis Entertainment confirms Seventeen is preparing for debut; unsure about date and members". Allkpop. 2015-02-11. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- Benjamin, Jeff (December 31, 2014). "Juyeon Announces Graduation From After School". Billboard K-Town. Retrieved January 2, 2015.