|Directed by||Daniel DeFelippo
|Produced by||Carlos Salvatore|
|Written by||Daniel DeFelippo
Fabio Di Tomaso
|Music by||Daniel Martin|
Manos Digitales Animation Studio
100 Bares Producciones
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing International (Argentina)
Lionsgate Home Entertainment (United States)
Plumíferos (English: Free Birds) is a 2010 Argentine computer-animated adventure comedy film, produced by CS Entertainment, Manos Digitales Animation Studio, and 100 Bares Producciones, and was released on February 18, 2010 in Argentina. The film was directed by Daniel DeFelippo and Gustavo Giannini.
The English-language version was released direct-to-video in the United States on 1 April 2014 titled Birds Of Paradise from Lionsgate Home Entertainment, featuring the voices of Ashley Tisdale, Drake Bell, Jon Lovitz, Ken Jeong, Jane Lynch, and Keith David.
"It's an everyday universe that exists 7 feet over our heads. They are city birds that you can find in every tree or every corner."
The project was completed in 2009 and released in theaters in Argentina on February 18, 2010.
- Luisana Lopilato as Feifi, a canary that escapes from the cage of a network tycoon, Mr. Puertas, and starts trying a new life in freedom as a common bird.
- Mariano Martínez as Juan, a sparrow that feels ordinary and underestimates his own race. Accidentally, he changes the way he looks, and the same reason that will make him feel unique is what is going to put his life in danger.
- Carla Peterson as Clarita, a bat.
- Mirta Wons as Libia, a pigeon.
- Luis Machín as Sr. Puertas, a network tycoon.
- Peto Menahem as Pipo, a hummingbird.
The film's animation was done by Manos Digitales Animation Studio, using Blender and other open source software for all 3D models, animation, lighting and render process, under GNU/Linux operating system.
- ‘Birds of Paradise’ Looks to Cash In On ‘Rio 2′
- Plumiferos: En los cines el 18 de Enero http://geekeados.com.ar/2010/01/23/plumiferos-en-los-cines-el-18-de-febrero/