|Produced by||Gustavo Giannini|
|Running time||80 minutes|
Plumíferos (English: Free Birds) is a 2010 Argentine computer-animated film made by Manos Digitales Animation Studio using open source software for all 3D models, animation, lighting and render process, under GNU/Linux operating system. Some scenes from the film were first shown at the 2005 and 2006 Blender Conferences, and a teaser was later released which showed one of the birds auditioning for the role. The first official trailer was shown on March 10 at the 2007 Mar del Plata Film Festival, where a presentation about the film was organized.
"It's an everyday universe that exists 7 feet over our heads. They are city birds that you can find in every tree or every corner."
The project was completed in 2009 and released in theaters in Argentina on February 18, 2010.
- Luisana Lopilato as Feifi, a canary that escapes from the cage of a network tycoon, Mr. Puertas, and starts trying a new life in freedom as a common bird.
- Mariano Martínez as Juan, a sparrow that feels ordinary and underestimates his own race. Accidentally, he changes the way he loooks, and the same reason that will make him feel unique is what is going to put his life in danger.
- Carla Peterson as Clarita, a bat.
- Mirta Wons as Libia, a pigeon.
- Luis Machín as Sr. Puertas, a network tycoon.
- Peto Menahem as Pipo, a hummingbird. 
- Plumiferos: En los cines el 18 de Enero http://geekeados.com.ar/2010/01/23/plumiferos-en-los-cines-el-18-de-febrero/
- Official site
- Plumíferos at the Internet Movie Database
- Video conference with creators (2006, 69 mins)
- Interview with one of the makers (Spanish) (Google translation)
- Manos Digitales
|This animated film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an Argentine film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|