Plum Orchard Lake Wildlife Management Area
|Plum Orchard Lake Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
Channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus) may be found at the Plum Orchard Lake WMA
|Elevation||1,743 ft (531.3 m) |
|Area||3,030 acres (1,226.2 ha) |
|Owner||West Virginia Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Pax, West Virginia|
|Website: Plum Orchard Lake WMA|
Plum Orchard Lake Wildlife Management Area, is located near Pax, West Virginia in Fayette county. Located on 3,201 acres (1,295 ha) land that varies from wetlands to steeply forested woodlands, the Pleasant Creek WMA rises to an elevation of 1,600 feet (490 m).
Hunting and Fishing
Four boat ramps are available at Plum Orchard Lake. Forty-two (42) rustic camping sites for tents or trailers are available in the WMA.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Plum Orchard Lake Creek WMA, retrieved December 26, 2008
- "Plum Orchard Lake WMA page". West Virginia DNR website. WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved December 20, 2008.
- "Plum Orchard Lake Wildlife Management Area". West Virginia Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- West Virginia DNR District 4 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations
- WVDNR map of Plum Orchard Lake Wildlife Management Area