Pluto's Christmas Tree
|Pluto's Christmas Tree|
|Mickey Mouse shorts series|
Threatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jack Hannah|
|Produced by||Walt Disney|
|Story by||Bill Berg, Milt Schaeffer|
|Voices by||Jimmy MacDonald, Clarence Nash, Pinto Colvig, Dessie Miller, Helen Silbert|
|Music by||Joseph Dubin|
|Animation by||George Kreisl, Fred Moore, Bill Justice, Volus Jones, Dan MacManus, Blaine Gibson, George Rowley|
|Layouts by||Yale Gracey|
|Backgrounds by||Thelma Witmer|
|Studio||The Walt Disney Company|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
|Running time||7 minutes|
|Preceded by||R'Coon Dawg|
|Followed by||The Simple Things|
Mickey and Pluto are searching for a Christmas tree, while Chip and Dale are looking for acorns in the forest. Once Chip and Dale see Pluto, they tease him and scurry from his chasing. Once Pluto is distracted, they hide in a tree. Mickey chops down that very tree, unaware that Chip and Dale are in it.
Once they get home, Mickey and Pluto decorate the tree and Chip and Dale are admiring the decorations. After that, Mickey finishes with the decorating and Pluto admires the tree. While admiring he notices a light going on and off. His nose is near the light Dale was playing with. Once he finishes playing with that light, he attempts twisting what happens to be Pluto's nose. Chip pulls Dale away from Pluto with a candy cane. Pluto and Dale bark at each other and Dale throws some ornaments down for Pluto to catch. Mickey comes by and takes the ornaments from him to put back on the tree. Dale goes down the tree to grab some nuts from a bowl. Pluto chases Dale up to the top of the fireplace with Santa candle figures and gets the hat and beard from a figure near him. Pluto notices the strange figure, but he does not get a chance to expose him to Mickey. Pluto knocks the other figures away except Dale. Chip then notices from the tree what is going on. He rescues Dale and head for the tree. Pluto gets his feet stuck in presents and has difficulty following the chipmunks up the ladder. While Pluto is barking, the chipmunks cause the ladder to fall. Pluto dives in the tree to attack the chipmunks.
Mickey notices Pluto and tries to pull him out, but gets pulled in instead until the tree is stripped of its decorations and leaves. Mickey scolds Pluto for what he did but notices Chip and Dale with only a few decorations and all of the branches bare. Mickey brings them down and Pluto barks at them. At the window they see Donald, Goofy and Minnie singing "Deck the Halls". While the three are singing, Chip and Dale join in and then Pluto howls in. Chip and Dale find it annoying and put a sticker that says "DO NOT OPEN TIL XMAS" over his mouth.
Scenes from this cartoon would be used for Disney's Very Merry Christmas Songs. It would be used for "Deck the Halls" and "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!". "Deck the Halls" would use scenes from this cartoon only and "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" only uses a small part from this cartoon. Scenes would also be used for other Disney collections, including A Disney Christmas Gift.
- A Walt Disney Christmas (VHS)-1981/1986
- Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse (VHS)-2001/(DVD)-2001, 2009 (Cartoon is a segment in the film)
- Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Color Volume 2 (DVD)-2004
- Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites Volume 9: Classic Holiday Stories (DVD)-2005
- Walt Disney Animation Collection: Classic Short Films Volume 7: Mickey's Christmas Carol (DVD)-2011
- Mickey's Christmas Carol 30th Anniversary Edition (DVD, Blu-ray)-2013
- Grant 1992, p. 32.
- Maltin 1973, p. 378.
- Grant 1992, p. 43.
- Grant 1992, p. 37.
- Grant 1992, p. 36.
- , Pluto's Christmas Tree Disney Encyclopedia
- Grant, John (1992). Encyclopedia of Walt Disney's Animated Characters. Hyperion.
- Maltin, Leonard (1973). The Disney Films. Crown.
- Smith, Dave (1995). Disney A-Z. Hyperion.
- Pluto's Christmas Tree at the Internet Movie Database
- Pluto's Christmas Tree at the Big Cartoon DataBase