Plymouth Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|Plymouth Township, Ohio|
|• Total||22.4 sq mi (57.9 km2)|
|• Land||22.3 sq mi (57.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||840 ft (256 m)|
|• Density||89/sq mi (34.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085738|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Ashtabula Township - north
- Kingsville Township - northeast
- Sheffield Township - east
- Denmark Township - southeast corner
- Jefferson Township - south
- Austinburg Township - southwest corner
- Saybrook Township - west
No municipalities are located in Plymouth Township.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Plymouth Township is located in Richland County.
The first settlers in Plymouth Township arrived in 1805 and 1806.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. Currently, the board is composed of chairman David Waldron and members Edwin Friedstrom and Kevin Presley.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Plymouth township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Plymouth, Ohio (Ashtabula County)
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Plymouth Center, Ohio
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.