From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up pocket in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A pocket is a small bag. The term is also used in other contexts, very often relating either to the ability to enclose something as in a pocket on a billiards table, or to small size, as if able to fit in the pocket of a garment:
- Pocket (application), management tool for keeping articles for reading later.
- Pocket Communications, a regional cellular phone company in South Texas
- Hot Pockets and Pizza Pockets, microwaveable meals of filling wrapped in crust
- Pita ("pocket bread"), a round flatbread
- "Pocket formation": a gap between teeth resultant from receding gums.
- Pocket, Virginia
- Pocket-Greenhaven, Sacramento, California
- Pocket beach, a small beach between two headlands
- Pocket park, a small park
- River pocket, an area of land contained within the bend of a river
- Pocket battleship, a World War II Deutschland class cruiser
- Salients, re-entrants and pockets, battlefield features projecting into enemy territory
- Pocket Books, publisher of small paperback books
- Pocket book, a generic term for a small paperback book
- Pocket, a feature of some types of billiards table
- Back pocket, a position on the field deep in defense in Australian rules football
- Forward pocket, a position on the field deep in offense in Australian rules football
- One-pocket, a variation of billiards
- Passing pocket, a playing area in American and Canadian football
- Pocket billiards, a sub-classification of cue sports
- Pocket schedule, a foldable schedule for a sports club
- Video games
- Bemani Pocket, a series of video game consoles from Konami
- Pelican VG Pocket, an early handheld video game console
- Pocket Monsters, better known as Pokémon
- Pocket (musician) a remixer and producer
- Pockets (album) by Karate
- Pockets, A 1970s funk band who released "Come go With me" in 1978
- The Pockets, the original name for the band Saga
- Pocket, a single by Ai Otsuka released in 2007.
- "In the pocket" is a slang expression for music with a strong rhythmic groove (music)
- Pocket, a hollow formed in plastic blow molding
- Pocket, a type of body modification
- Punched pocket, a plastic pocket for holding loose papers
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.