||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (June 2013)|
|Publisher(s)||Nimblebit, Apple Inc.|
|Release date(s)||September 15, 2010|
Pocket Frogs is a game developed and published by NimbleBit for the Apple App Store and Android Market. It was released as a free game with additional in-app purchases. The aim is to complete the Froggydex by earning money to breed and sell frogs.
When the game begins, the player owns two frogs, a Cocos Bruna Anura and a Green Folium Anura, one regular habitat, a nursery habitat, and 1000 coins. In the pond view, players control their frog, eating flies to tame it, which makes it happy, breeding with other frogs players find, and finding presents. Presents include various breeds of frogs, potions (for quick frog growths and races), stamps (for quick delivery of mailbox items) and coins (which you use to order frogs in the Froggydex, Catalog, or FrogMart, and to order sceneries or habitat backgrounds from the Supply Shop). Your potions and stamp count are located in upper left corner of the screen, your XP is located in the upper right corner of the screen, your coin count is located at the lower left corner of the screen, and the back/menu button is located at the lower right corner of the screen. Besides taming the frog, eating flies increases their happiness and, if they are not yet mature, can lessen the time left to maturation. The size of the flies vary and the bigger the fly the happier the frog. The biggest of the flies also add to your current XP points. You receive approximately 10% of the frog’s value in experience points when they are tamed and it takes 3x the rarity of the frog in flies to tame them. Frogs can also be gifted via Game Center. The game is set in real time, which means that it may take up to 2 days for a frog to hatch and grow into an adult. You level up by earning a set amount of XP which increases with every level. To level up you need to get the required number of XP, or experience points, located in the top right corner during game play, to automatically level up to the next level. The highest level is 115, at which your score to level up becomes negative one even though you have passed to a number.
Available frogs during each level
- Level 1-4 frogs are labeled as "common", level 5-8 frogs are labeled as "rare", level 9-12 frogs are labeled as "endangered" frogs, and level 13-32 frogs are labeled as "legendary" frogs.
- "Pocket frogs on app store". Itunes.apple.com. 2013-05-16. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Pocket Frogs on appshopper". Appshopper.com. 2013-05-16. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Touch Arcade Review". Toucharcade.com. 2010-09-14. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "148 apps review". 148apps.com. 2010-09-15. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- Rattray, Tim (2010-09-14). "Slide to play review". Slidetoplay.com. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Tapscape review". Tapscape.com. Retrieved 2013-08-09.