Podcast Pickle, launched in March 2005 by Gary Leland, is both a podcast/vidcast directory and community. Time Magazine listed it as one of its 50 "coolest" sites in August, 2006. Winner in The Best Podcast Directory Category, of the 2007 Podcast Peer Awards. More than 12,000 podcasts and vidcasts appeared on the site as of March 2007. Podcast Pickle provides podcast family-tree listings, podcast players that work on external sites, blogs, profiles, and community forums. Gary Leland produces or contributes to The Podcast Pickle Show, Today in Podcasting, Fastpitch Illustrated, Pickle Tips, Pickle Tales and The Sport Podcast Interviews.
The Podcast Pickle Network
Podcast Pickle also creates and lists networks of podcast directories. These include PickleMobile.com, and the newly created Pickle.TV.
Mentions in Media
Podcast Pickle has been written about in the following books: Podcasting For Dummies and The Business Podcasting Bible. Gary Leland has also been quoted in the books Tricks of The Podcast Masters and Promoting Your Podcast.
- Podcast Pickle was a finalist for the 2006 Webby Awards.
- Podcast Pickle was a finalist for The Podcast Awards at the 2006 Podcast Expo.
- Time Magazine listed it as one of its 50 "coolest" sites in August, 2006.
- Podcast Pickle was a winner of a 2007 Podcast Peer Award: Best Podcast Directory.
- Buechner, Maryanne M., "50 Coolest Websites 2006," Time.com, July 26, 2006
- Morris, T. and Terra, E., Podcasting for Dummies, For Dummies, 2005, p. 29
- Mandossian, A. and Colligan, P., The Business Podcasting Bible, Morgan James, 2006, p. 223
- Walch, R. and Lafferty, M., Tricks of The Podcast Masters, Que, 2006, p. 244
- Van Orden, J., Promoting Your Podcast, Larstan, 2006, pp. 41, 128, 181
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (August 2010)|