From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Bernard Mateille|
|• Land1||8.34 km2 (3.22 sq mi)|
|• Population2 density||310/km2 (810/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||33327 / 33720|
|Elevation||2–25 m (6.6–82.0 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
At the January 2011 census, there were 2,731 inhabitants in the commune.
- Lillet company (apéritif made of wine and orange liquor). Lillet is famous for being the drink of James Bond in Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace films.
- Maison Des Vins de Graves: a winehouse dedicated to the Graves wines.
- Château d´eau Le Corbusier, a Swiss-French architect (pioneers of what is now called modern architecture) (http://www.fondationlecorbusier.asso.fr/podensac.htm)
- Château Chavat: a 1917 castle classified in 2006 as a Monument historique (National Heritage Site of France). It is surrounded by a garden labelled as Remarkable Gardens of France.
- Eglise Saint-Vincent: a church classified in 1925 as a Monument historique.
- Mascaret (tidal bore): the mascaret is a phenomenon in which the leading edge of the incoming tide forms a wave of water in the Gironde estuary that then travels up the Garonne river.
Lillet company(avr. 2013)
- Communes of the Gironde department
- http://www.podensac.fr City website (in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Podensac.|
|This Gironde geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|