|National origin||Czech Republic|
|Status||In production (2012)|
|Developed from||Zlin 126|
The Podesva Trener (English: Trainer) is a Czech ultralight aircraft that was designed by Tomas Podesva and produced by Podesva Air of Ujezd u Unicova. The aircraft a faithful 80% scale reproduction of the Zlin 126 and is supplied as plans, as a kit for amateur construction or as a complete ready-to-fly-aircraft.
Design and development
Podesva designs and builds reproductions of famous aircraft on a custom basis for customers. The Trener was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules. It features a cantilever low-wing, a two-seats-in-tandem enclosed cockpit under a framed canopy, fixed conventional landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The aircraft fuselage is made from welded steel tubing, with the wings made from aluminum sheet. Its 8.68 m (28.5 ft) span wing has an area of 10.8 m2 (116 sq ft) and flaps. The standard engine available is the 75 hp (56 kW) Walter Mikron IIIb four cylinder, four-stroke powerplant.
Data from Bayerl
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Wingspan: 8.68 m (28 ft 6 in)
- Wing area: 10.8 m2 (116 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 296 kg (653 lb)
- Gross weight: 472.5 kg (1,042 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 80 litres (18 imp gal; 21 US gal) in two 40 litres (8.8 imp gal; 11 US gal) tanks
- Powerplant: 1 × Walter Mikron IIIb four cylinder, air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 56 kW (75 hp)
- Propellers: 2-bladed wooden
- Maximum speed: 220 km/h (137 mph; 119 kn)
- Cruising speed: 175 km/h (109 mph; 94 kn)
- Stall speed: 65 km/h (40 mph; 35 kn)
- Rate of climb: 4 m/s (790 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 43.8 kg/m2 (9.0 lb/sq ft)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 70. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X