|Type||Enterprise collaboration software|
Podio supplies a web-based platform for organizing team communication, business processes, data and content in project management workspaces. Users can also select business apps from an online app store or build their own according to project needs.
Podio was founded by Jon Froda, Anders Pollas and Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen in early 2009. Quickly joined by Thomas Madsen-Mygdal as chairman. Then called Hoist, Podio signed up its first customers in August 2009 and was joined by Kasper Hulthin as co-founder.
In April 2012, Citrix acquired Podio.
- Software as a service
- Collaboration software
- Project management software
- Comparison of file hosting services
- Cloud storage
- Cloud collaboration
- Enterprise social software
References and notes
- Takahashi, Dean (March 24, 2012). "Podio launches a work app builder and business store". VentureBeat. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Butcher, Mike (September 2, 2010). "Look out Yammer – Podio emerges with full business social network". TechCrunch. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Wasserman, Todd (March 22, 2011). "Pop-Up Store Creates Buzz for Software Firm Podio". Mashable. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- King, Rachel (September 20, 2011). "Podio mobile app enables users to build own productivity apps". ZDNet. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Leske, Nicola (April 11, 2012). "Citrix Systems buys online work platform podio". Reuters. Retrieved 5 January 2013.