Podunk Bluegrass Festival
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
The Podunk Bluegrass Festival is a bluegrass festival established in 1996 and taking place in August each year in Connecticut, USA. The festival features local, regional, and national bluegrass musicians. Besides four days of music on the main stage, the festival hosts band and songwriting competitions, a kid's bluegrass academy, workshops with headlining bands, and separate picking and quiet camping areas.
The 2013 festival had to be cancelled because of scheduling conflicts with the minor-league baseball club at Dodd Stadium in Norwich. 
In September 2013, the Podunk board of directors announced that the 2014 festival will be held the second weekend of August at the Hebron Fairgrounds in Hebron, Connecticut. 
Podunk has hosted many widely known bluegrass bands, including Kathy Mattea, Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys, Doc Watson, Mac Wiseman, the Del McCoury Band, John Hartford, Vassar Clements, Jesse McReynolds, Doyle Lawson, Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder, the Lonesome River Band, Emmylou Harris, the Seldom Scene, Tony Rice, Tony Trischka, Sam Bush, Tim O'Brien, David Grisman, Peter Rowan, Dale Ann Bradley, the Kruger Brothers, Michael Cleveland, Rhonda Vincent and the Rage, the Gibson Brothers, Nickel Creek, and dozens of up-and-coming local and regional bands.
- "Podunk Bluegrass is Back for Their 18th Year". Cybergrass
- Melissa Traynor, 'East Hartford's Podunk Bluegrass Festival Moves to Norwich', Hartford Courant, February 22, 2012.
- Adam Benson, 'Podunk festival regulars praise Norwich venue', NorwichBulletin.com, August 4, 2012.
- "Connecticut's Podunk Bluegrass Festival Canceled". The Courant, 16 April 2013
- RECIPIENT HISTORY - IBMA AWARDS: Event of the Year.