Pointe Noire Airport
|Pointe Noire Agostinho Neto International Airport|
|IATA: PNR – ICAO: FCPP
|Location||Pointe-Noire, Republic of the Congo|
|Elevation AMSL||55 ft / 17 m|
Antonio Agostinho Neto International Airport (IATA: PNR, ICAO: FCPP), is an airport located in Pointe-Noire, Republic of the Congo. It is one of two international airports in the country, the other being Brazzaville Maya-Maya Airport.
The airport was inaugurated in 1934; a new passenger terminal opened in 2006.
Airlines and destinations
|Air France Cargo
operated by Martinair Cargo
|Paris-Charles de Gaulle|
|Avient Aviation||Liège, Sharjah|
|Ethiopian Airlines Cargo||Addis Ababa, Liège, Luxembourg |
Accidents and incidents
- On 4 June 1969, a Douglas DC-3 of the Direcção de Exploração dos Transportes Aéreos was hijacked on a domestic flight from N'Zeto airport to Soyo Airport, Angola. The aircraft landed at Pointe Noire.
- On 11 March 1994, Aéro-Service Swearingen Merlin TN-ADP was written off in a landing accident when the crew neglected to lower the undercarriage.
- On 10 May 2007, Tenir Air Ilyushin Il-76TD EX-093 was destroyed in a fire whilst being loaded for a cargo fire.
- On 15 September 2007, Veteran Airline Antonov An-12B UR-CEN was damaged beyond economic repair in a fire which occurred when the engines were being started.
- On 25 January 2008, Canadian Airways Congo Boeing 727-247 9L-LEF was damaged beyond economic repair when it was struck on the ground by Aéro-Service Antonov An-12BP EK-11660 which suffered a brake failure whilst taxying. The An-12 was also damaged beyond economic repair.
- On 10 November 2008, Veteran Airline Antonov An-12 UR-PLV suffered an in-flight fire. A safe landing was made at Pointe Noire but the aircraft was subsequently destroyed by fire.
- On 21 March 2011, Trans Air Congo Antonov An-12 TN-AGK crashed on approach to Pointe Noire airport. All four crew were killed, as well as five illegal passengers and a number of people on the ground.
- Air Côte d’Ivoire start ABJ-LBV-PNR service from February 2013
- Westair Benin destinations list for Winter 2012/2013
- Ethiopian Airlines Cargo Schedule
- "Hijacking Description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 14 February 2011.
- "TN-ADP Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. March 22, 2011.
- "EX-093 Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. March 22, 2011.
- "UR-CEN Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. March 22, 2011.
- "9L-LEF Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. March 22, 2011.
- "EK-11660 Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. March 22, 2011.
- "UR-PLV Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. March 22, 2011.
- "TN-AGK Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. March 22, 2011.
|This article about an airport in the Republic of the Congo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|