From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up poisson in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Poisson (meaning fish in French) may refer to:
- Abel-François Poisson, marquis de Marigny (1727-1781), a French nobleman who served as the director general of the King's Buildings
- Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson, madame de Pompadour (1721-1764), a member of the French court and the official chief mistress of Louis XV from 1745 to her death
- Siméon Denis Poisson (1781-1840), a French mathematician, geometer, and physicist
- Poisson crater, a lunar crater named after Siméon Denis Poisson
- Poisson distribution, a discrete probability distribution named after Siméon Denis Poisson
- Poisson, Saône-et-Loire, a commune of the Saône-et-Loire département, in France
- Poissons, a commune in the Haute-Marne département, in France
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.