PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
|PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure|
European game cover
|Distribution||Nintendo Optical Disc|
PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure (ポケパークWii ～ピカチュウの大冒険～ PokePāku Wii Pikachū no Daibōken ) is a Pokémon spin-off video game for the Nintendo Wii. It was released on December 5, 2009 in Japan, on July 9, 2010 in Europe, and on September 23, 2010 in Australia and was released on November 1, 2010 in North America. It is based on the Pokémon attraction park, Poképark.
One day, the legendary Pokémon Mew tells Pikachu, Charmander, Chikorita and Piplup that the 14 pieces of the Sky Prism have gone missing. Pikachu and friends set out on an adventure to find them in the PokéPark, which encompasses various zones such as the meadow and lava zones. Pikachu makes friends with other Pokémon and can use their abilities to clear various attractions in the PokéPark. By clearing attractions, the player will obtain pieces of the Sky Prism.
In battle, Pikachu is able to use Thunderbolt, Dash and eventually Iron Tail; these can be upgraded to become more powerful. Also, he can jump and do a flip to knock his enemy into a river, lake, etc.
Players can make friends through various mini-games as well, such as playing Battle, Hide & Seek, Chase, playing Obstacle Hop, or by completing a quiz. Some of the park’s main attractions will involve Pikachu and his/her partner Pokémon racing against the clock to beat certain goals or deflecting rocks to earn points using the Wii Remote by waving it around and pushing buttons. Players also can take screenshots of the game and save them to an SD Card or the Wii Message Board.
On October 10, 2009, Nintendo revealed the game and said it would be released on December 5, 2009 in Japan. On May 27, 2010, the game was revealed in Europe and was released on July 9, 2010. Nintendo revealed the game in America during E3 2010 and it was released on November 1, 2010.
On 12 September 2011, a sequel, PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond was revealed. It was released on November 12, 2011 in Japan as PokéPark 2: BW - Beyond the World. It was released on February 27, 2012 in North America and on March 23, 2012 in Europe.
PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure has received mixed reviews. It has a Metacritic score of 62/100 and a GameRankings score of 64.80%. While discussing the mixed quality of the 'Pokémon' console games, Retronauts contributor Justin Haywald mentioned it as an example.
- "Welcome to Nintendo of America's Media Site". Press.nintendo.com. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- "Nintendo Announces New Pokemon Game For Wii". Kotaku. October 15, 2009. Retrieved October 22, 2009.
- Pokemon returns to European Wiis in July with PokéPark: Pikachu's Adventure
- "PokéPark 2 Beyond the World release this winter for Wii". Senpai Gamer. 28 September 2011. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- "Nintendo Has These Wii Games Planned for Early 2012 - Wii News @ Nintendo Life". Wii.nintendolife.com. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- "Mario Party 9 and Rhythm Heaven Fever Release Dates Revealed - Wii News @ Nintendo Life". Wii.nintendolife.com. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- Official site (English)
- Official site (Japanese)
- Official game page (Japanese)
- Poképark Wii News Video
- Poképark Wii article in Gamer Blips