The rank of police corporal is correlational to the rank of corporal in the armed forces, typically ranking immediately above officer and immediately below sergeant.The position is also referred to by some agencies as Agent.
A police corporal is generally employed as an officer with additional leadership responsibilities. These duties may include one or more of the following roles:
Police corporals will often act as a lead officer in field situations when a sergeant is not present.
The rank is not present in all police agencies and is generally dependent upon the size, funding, command structure, as well as the traditions and history of an individual agency.
- "City of San Ramon Police Corporal". A police corporal job description. Retrieved January 19th, 2010.
- "City of Campbell Police Agent". A police agent job description. Retrieved August 8, 2011.
- "City of Azuza Police Corporal". A police corporal job description. Retrieved January 19th, 2010.
- "City of Santa Maria Police Corporal". A police corporal job description. July 2008. Retrieved January 19th, 2010.
- "Interoffice Correspondence". An agencies staff reduction plan that eliminates the corporal rank. January 7th 2010. Retrieved January 19th, 2010.
|This law enforcement–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|