From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up polis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Polis, the Greek word for 'city', may refer to:
- Polis, an ancient Greek city-state
- Constantinople, known as Η Πόλις The City
- Polis, Cyprus, a town in Paphos District, Cyprus
- Polis or Stimboli, Crete, the medieval and Ottoman name of ancient Lappa or Lampa, modern Argyroupoli (Rethymno)
- Polisen, the Swedish name of the Swedish Police Service
- Polis, the Turkish name of the Turkish National Police
- Jared Polis, Colorado politician and entrepreneur
- POLIS (LSE Journalism Think Tank), Journalism think tank at the Media and Communications Department of the London School of Economics (2006-)
- Polis Institute – The Jerusalem Institute of Languages and Humanities
- The Department of Politics and International Studies (POLIS) at the University of Cambridge.
From other roots:
- Polis (star), a traditional name for the star Mu Sagittarii
- In a variety of languages, polis means, or is a slang term for, police
- Polis (album) by the French electronic artist Uppermost
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Polis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.