Polish Army Medal
|Polish Army Medal
Medal Wojska Polskiego
Polish Army Medal in gold and silver
|Awarded by Minister of National Defence|
|Type||Three class medal|
|Eligibility||Foreign civilians and military personnel|
|Awarded for||Services to the Polish armed forces in peacekeeping or other international operations, and for studies in Polish military history.|
|Established||3 September 1999|
|Next (higher)||Medal of the Armed Forces in the Service of the Fatherland|
|Equivalent||Medal of Merit for National Defence|
Ribbon bar for the gold medal
Ribbon bar for the silver medal
Ribbon bar for the bronze medal
The Polish Army Medal (Polish: Medal Wojska Polskiego) was established by Poland on 3 September 1999 to recognize service to the Polish Army by foreign civilians and military personnel. The medal is presented in three grades Gold, Silver, and Bronze by the Polish Minister of National Defence. Most awards are presented to members of allied armed forces, but the medal is also awarded to civilians who contribute to promoting the history and traditions of the Polish Army outside of Poland.
The medal is either gilt, silver, or bronze, depending on the grade, 36 mm in diameter. On the obverse is a red enameled cross pattée with concave arm bases. Between the arms of the cross are stylized rays. Under the arms of the cross is a laurel wreath. Superimposed on the cross is a silver crowned eagle for all grades. The reverse is plain aside for a two line inscription "WOJSKO POLSKIE" (Polish Army). The medal is suspended from a ribbon 38 mm wide. The colors are light brown with blue edges, separated by yellow pinstripes. In the center is a half white and half red stripe. On the ribbon bar a gold vertical bar is worn in the center for the gold medal and a silver vertical bar is worn in the center for the silver medal. The ribbon bar of the bronze medal is unadorned.
- General John R. Allen
- General George W. Casey, Jr.
- Major General William L. Enyart
- General Carter Ham
- Lieutenant General Mark Hertling
- General James Mattis
- General David Petraeus
- Robertson, Megan C. (5 June 2009). "Poland: Polish Army Medal". Medals of the World. Retrieved 2011-08-09.
- "Medal of the Polish Army Awarded". Poland WWII. Aquila Polonica. 1 December 2010. Retrieved 2011-08-09.
- Gaszewski, Lukasz. "Ministry Decorations for the Uniformed Services". Ribbons of Orders and Decorations of the World. Retrieved 2011-08-09.
- "General John R. Allen". Biographies of United States Marine Corps General Officers and Senior Executives. USMC Manpower and Reserve Affairs. Retrieved 2011-08-09.
- (Polish) Note from National Defence Minister to Marshal of the Sejm about gen. Casey decoration.
- Leighton, Maj. Brad (Fall 2011). "TAG receives highest Polish award". Illinois Guardian. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- (Polish) Generał William L. Enyart w Polsce (photo) – army.mil.pl
- (Polish) Generał Carter F. Ham w Polsce (photo) – wp.mil.pl
- (Polish) Sojusznicze podziękowania (photo) – army.mil.pl
- Coleman, Sgt. Fredrick. "CENTCOM members earn Polish Armed Forces honors". CENTCOM Public Affairs. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Select Committee on Intelligence (14 June 2011). "Questionnaire for Completion by Presidential Appointees" (pdf). United States Senate. Retrieved 2011-08-09.