|Type of site||Blog|
|Created by||Laurence Durnan|
Political Scrapbook is a left wing political blog. The site was described as "influential" by The Independent as and is viewed, along with outlets such as Left Foot Forward, as part of a cohort of British left-wing blogs which have attracted significant interest from the media. The site has been likened to Paul Staines' anti-establishment Guido Fawkes blog, although Staines has claimed "It's hard to create a leftwing version of me because of political correctness." In 2011 the site was ranked by Wikio as the 7th most influential political blog in the UK and was voted as Total Politics' 2nd best left-wing blog in 2011.
Political Scrapbook is edited by Laurence Durnan, who stated he set the site up "to make life difficult for the right".
- The Independent Voter's Handbook. The Independent. 1 May 2010.
- Iain, Dale (13 May 2011). "A second life for UK political blogging?". The Guardian.
- Iain, Dale (19 August 2010). "Lord Prezza and me against the Blairite tsars". New Statesman.
- Adrian, Sherwin (31 January 2011). "Paul Staines: 'I pummel them until they beg for mercy'". The Guardian.
- "Top Blogs - Politics - May 2011". Wikio. 2011-02-16.
- "Top 75 left-wing blogs". London: Total Politics. 13 September 2011.
- Asa, Bennett (18 August 2010). "Blogger profile: Laurence Durnan of Political Scrapbook". Total Politics.
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|