List of the political families of Pakistan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Political families of Pakistan)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
This is a partial listing of prominent political families of Pakistan given in alphabetical order.
- 1 Badshah Khan
- 2 Bhutto
- 3 Chauhdrys
- 4 Gabol
- 5 Kaira
- 6 Jadoon
- 7 Junejo
- 8 Khattaks
- 9 Khattars (Hayat family)
- 10 Khokhars
- 11 Leghari
- 12 Marwats
- 13 Mazari
- 14 Mohmand
- 15 Myer Minhas Rajput
- 16 Noon clan
- 17 Qazi family
- 18 Rana
- 19 Rao
- 20 Sharif
- 21 Soomro
- 22 Tareen(Tarin)
- 23 Zardari
- 24 Zia-ul-Haq
- 25 References
- 26 See also
- Khan Mohammad Abbas Khan (Former member of Indian National Congress,served as the Interim Mister for Industries, Freedom fighter and an Active Member of Pakistan Muslim League) (cousin of Haroon Khan Badshah)
- Haroon Khan Badshah (Member of Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, ex-provincial Minister for Agriculture Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa)
- Shah Nawaz Bhutto - The Dewan of Junagadh and the Father of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto (Member Bombay Council).
- Wahid Baksh Bhutto - (1898 - 1931) was a landowner of Sindh, an elected representative to the Central Legislative Assembly and an educational philanthropist.
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, son of Shah Nawaz (President (1970–1973); Prime Minister (1973–1977))
- Mumtaz Bhutto, cousin of Zulfikar, (chief of Bhutto tribe, former chief minister and Governor of Sindh, Federal Minister of Pakistan)
- Nusrat Bhutto, wife of Zulfikar (former minister without portfolio)
- Benazir Bhutto, daughter of Zulfikar (Prime Minister, 1988–1990 and 1993–1996), assassinated December 27, 2007.
- Murtaza Bhutto, elder son of former Prime Minister of Pakistan Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and the brother of former Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto. He was usually known as Murtaza Bhutto and was assassinated under mysterious circumstances.
- Shahnawaz Bhutto, Shahnawaz was studying in Switzerland when Zia ul Haq's military regime executed his father in 1979. Prior to the execution On July 18, 1985, the 27 year old Shahnawaz was found dead in Nice, France. He died under mysterious circumstances.
- Fatima Bhutto, Fatima was born in Kabul, Afghanistan while her father Murtaza Bhutto was in exile during the military regime of General Zia ul Haq. Murtaza Bhutto, was son of former Pakistan's President and Prime Minister, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto.
- Ameer Bux Bhutto, currently Vice President of Sindh National Front and also ex-Member of Sindh Assembly. He is son of Mumtaz Bhutto.
- Chaudhry Zahoor Elahi (A parliamentarian who played a major role in restoration of democracy and human rights in Pakistan)
- Chaudhry Shujat Hussain (Prime Minister of Pakistan - June - August 2004)
- Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi (Chief Minister of Punjab - October - 2002 to October 2007)
- Chaudhry Shafaat Hussain (Younger brother of Ch. Shujat Hussain and the District Nazim of Gujrat since 2001)
- Moonis Elahi (Son of Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, Member of Punjab Assembly)
- Allah Bakhsh Gabol, Member Bombay Legislative Assembly 1928, Member Sindh Legislative Assembly 1937 and Mayor of Karachi for two terms.
- Nabil Gabol (Grandson of Khan Bahadur Allah Bakhsh and son of Ahmed Khan Gabol), Member Sindh Assembly 1988, 1993, 1997; Member National Assembly 2002, 2008 and Federal Minister for Ports and Shipping.
- Fazal Ilahi Chaudhry Ex-President of Pakistan
- Chaudhry Muhammad Ali fourth Prime Minister of Pakistan.
- Chaudhry Zaman Kaira Minister of Finance in Bhutto Cabinet.
- Chaudhry Muhammad Jaffar Iqbal Kaira Senior Vice-President of PML-N.
- Qamar Zaman Kaira Ex-Governor of Gilgit-Baltistan and Minister of Information.
- Tanveer Ashraf Kaira Ex-Minister of Finance and General Secretary of PPP Punjab.
- Shafqat Mehmood Kaira Ex-Minister of Information and Petroleum.
- Chaudhry Zaka Ashraf Kaira Ex-Chairman PCB and the owner of ZTBL.
- Amanullah Khan Jadoon, Minister of Petroleum and Gas during 2002 to 2007
- Iqbal Khan Jadoon, former Chief Minister,NWFP
- Akhtar Jadoon, MPA, Karachi
- Raees-Ul-Muhajireen Barrister Jan Muhammad Junejo - Leader of the Khilafat Tehreek.
- Mohammad Khan Junejo - Former Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Chakar Ali Khan Junejo - Former Ambassador MPA
- Nawab Muhammad Hayat Khan CSI, early member of the Punjab legislature in the 19th c
- Sir Sikandar Hayat Khan, KBE, Premier/CM of the Punjab 1937-1942.
- Sir Liaqat Hayat Khan, KCSI, Prime Minister of Patiala state in British India.
- Sardar Shaukat Hayat Khan, senior political figure and close associate of MA Jinnah.
- Ghazanfar Ali Khan - Former Minister of Food, Agriculture and Health, Ambassador to Iran 1948-1952, to Turkey 1952-1953, to India 1954-1956 and to Italy 1956-1957.
- Riaz Khokhar (Former Foreign Secretary of Pakistan serving from June 2002 to February 2005)
- M. Nawaz Khokhar (Former Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly of Pakistan)
- Malik Ahmad Khan Bhachar (Member Provisional Assembly of Pakistan)
- Farooq Leghari (ex President of Pakistan)
- Awais Leghari (MPA, MNA, Federal Minister)
- Rafique Haider Khan Leghari (MPA "Punjab", Minister, Chairman District Council RY Khan
- Habibullah Khan Marwat, Justice of the West Pakistan High Court, first & second Chairman of the Senate of Pakistan, acting President of Pakistan, when the President Fazal Ilahi Chaudhry went abroad, Pakistan's Interior Minister and also Chief Minister of West Pakistan. Was elected to the first ever Legislative Council of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (then North-West Frontier Province NWFP), first as a member and later Deputy Speaker.
- Shah Nawaz Khan, ex-Chief Justice of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Judge on the Supreme Court of Pakistan. He was also Governor of NWFP.
- Salim Saifullah Khan, Senator of Pakistan, President Pakistan Muslim League
- Anwar Saifullah Khan, MPA, Federal Minister under the Premiership of Benazir Bhutto
- Balakh Sher Mazari (former Prime Minister of Pakistan, current Chief of the Mazari tribe)
- Sherbaz Mazari (former Leader of the Opposition in the Pakistan National Assembly)
- Shaukat Hussein Mazari (Former MPA, Punjab Assembly, former Deputy-Speaker Punjab Assembly)
- Sardar Saleem Jan Mazari (Former MNA, former Provincial Minister from Sindh and former district Nazim Kashmore)
- Shireen Mazari (MNA and information secretary PTI)
Myer Minhas Rajput
- Raja Aurangzeb Khan, Commisioner Lyallpur in Indian Civil Service
- Muhammed Akbar Khan, Pakistan's first four star general
- Chaudhary Liaqut Ali Khan, Senior Parliamentarian Punjab
- Sarfraz Ali Khan, Ex-MLA and Pakistan Movement Activist
- Iftikhar Khan, Pakistan's first designated army chief
- Iffat Liaqat Ali Khan, Federal Minister, Ex- Chairman Task Force Pakistan
- Sher Ali Khan, Minister Minerals and Mines Punjab
- Ghulam Abbas Khan, Ex-Provincial Minister
- Raja Riaz Ahmad Khan, Ex-Senior Minister Punjab
- Sardar Khizar Hayat Khan, Ex-Senator
- Sardar Khurram Nawab, Ex-MPA
- Sardar Ashraf Khan, Ex-Provincial Minister
- Feroz Khan Noon (former Prime Minister of Pakistan, former Foreign Minister of Pakistan, former Chief Minister of Punjab)
- Malik Adnan Hayat Noon (former MNA)
- Malik Anwar Ali Noon (former MNA)
- Malik Amjad Ali Noon (former District Nazim)
- Viqar un Nisa Noon (former Federal Minister as well as a prominent social worker)
- Qazi Abdul Majeed Abid (Qazi Abid), a four-time Federal Minister, Sindh Provincial Minister, and son of Qazi Abdul Qayyum
- Fahmida Mirza, current Speaker of the National Assembly, former Acting President of Pakistan, three-time Member of the National Assembly, and daughter of Qazi Abid
- Qazi Asad Abid, a former Member of the National Assembly and son of Qazi Abid
- Zulfiqar Mirza, current Sindh Provincial Home Minister, former Member of the National Assembly, and nephew of Qazi Abid, Qazi Azam, and Qazi Akbar.
- Pir Mazhar Ul Haq, current Senior Minister and Education Minister in the Sindh Provincial Cabinet, a three-time Sindh Provincial Minister, and grandson of Qazi Muhammad Akbar
- Marvi Mazhar, a former Member of the Provincial Assembly in Sindh and daughter of Pir Mazhar Ul Haq
- Rana Sanaullah Khan, Twice Law Minister of Pakistan
- Rana Tanveer Hussain,(Member of National Assembly)(Ex.Federal Minister)
- Rana Phool Muhammad Khan, Ex Minister of agriculture, Ministry of Health (Pakistan), Law Minister of Pakistan
- Rana Mashood Ahmad Khan, Deputy Speaker of the Fourteenth Punjab Assembly in Pakistan
- Muhammad Iqbal Khan, Ex speaker of the Punjab Assembly, Acting Governor of Punjab in 2011.
- Rao Mohammad Hashim Khan, Member of National Assembly, ex-Chairman Public Accounts Committee
- Rao Sikandar Iqbal, ex-Federal Minister
- Rao Qaiser Ali Khan, ex-Member of National Assembly
- Rao Muhammad Afzal Khan, MPA from Sahiwal District Tehsil Depalpur
- Rao Farman Ali, Major-General
- Rao Qamar Suleman, Air Chief Marshal
- Rao Jamil Akhtar Khan Tehsil Nazim Okara
Main article: Sharif family
- Nawaz Sharif, Current Prime Minister of Pakistan(exile from country by gen. Musharaf in 1999 thru Martial Law)
- Shahbaz Sharif, Chief Minister of Punjab (exile from country by gen. Musharaf in 1999 thru Martial Law)
- Hamza Shahbaz Sharif, Son of Shahbaz Shareef, (Member of National Assembly of Pakistan)
- Maryam Nawaz, daughter of Nawaz Sharif
- Khan Bahadur Allah Bux Soomro, Twice Chief Minister of Sindh
- Elahi Bux Soomro, remained Member of National Assembly of Pakistan, Speaker National Assembly of Pakistan, Federal Minister
- Rahim Bux Soomro, Minister Sindh
- Mohammad Mian Soomro, remained President of Pakistan, Prime Minister of Pakistan, Senate of Pakistan and Governor of Sindh
- Abdul Majid Khan Tarin, OBE, senior Muslim League figure.
- Ayub Khan (field marshal), ex military dictator and president of Pakistan
- Begum Mahmooda Salim Khan, first woman minister in the history of Pakistan
- Sardar Bahadur Khan, ex CM and minister
- Gohar Ayub Khan, former Speaker of the National Assembly and ex Foreign Minister
- Omar Ayub Khan, ex Minister of state for Finance
- Jehangir Khan Tareen, ex minister and political leader of the PTI party
Main article: Zardari family
- Hakim Ali Zardari, the patriarch of Zardari family.
- Asif Ali Zardari, son of Hakim Ali Zardari and husband of Benazir Bhutto, President of Pakistan
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, son of Asif Ali Zardari and Benazir Bhutto, Chairman Pakistan Peoples Party
- Azra Peechoho, daughter of Hakim Ali Zardari
- Faryal Talpur, daughter of Hakim Ali Zardari, Former Nazima Nawabshah District, MNA
- Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq (President of Pakistan, 1978–1988)
- Muhammad Ijaz-ul-Haq (Federal Minister for Religious Affairs & Minorities: January 2004 - November 2007)