Political party strength in the United States Virgin Islands
The table also indicates the historical party composition in the:
For a particular year, the noted partisan composition is that which either took office during that year or which maintained the office throughout the entire year. Only changes made outside of regularly scheduled elections are noted as affecting the partisan composition during a particular year. Shading is determined by the final result of any mid-cycle changes in partisan affiliation.
- Acting governor.
- Senate President Claude Molloy served as acting lieutenant governor.
See also 
- Politics in the United States Virgin Islands
- Politics of the United States Virgin Islands
- Elections in the United States Virgin Islands
- List of political parties in the United States Virgin Islands