|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. (September 2010)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
|Origin||Toledo, Ohio and Detroit, Michigan, USA|
|Genres||Polka, Tribute, Cover Band|
|Years active||2006 – Present|
Polka Floyd is an American band that covers many Pink Floyd songs by using the accordion to introduce polka into the music. One reviewer commented, "Cutting a vast swath across Pink's entire discography, the band injects the late great classic rock band's music with much-needed fun." The band plays "more than 40 Pink Floyd songs, mostly from 1968 to 1979." The band has shared bills with Unknown Hinson, əkoostik hookah, and The Toasters. One reviewer has said the band's first album is "like the antidote to angst" and "[f]reak show Floyd for the 21st century, ya gotta love it."
The band was established in 2006. "'We're more of a rock band with a polka edge than a polka band with a rock edge,' said Ken Haas, lead singer and the one who started the band’s sound by accident."
As one reviewer said, "Well this whole thing just kicks ass. And let me say it again, the guitar works by Ken Haas is remarkable. .... There'll be no more AAAAAAGHHH................but there will be more EE-I EE-I- EE- I- OO."
- Ken Haas - lead vocals, guitar
- Eric Hite - accordion, vocals
- Chris Zielinski - bass guitar, vocals
- Penny Haas - keyboards
- Frank Dramczyk - drums
- The Polka Floyd Show (2007)
- Live at the Ohio Theatre (2009)
- Lockwood, Rod (19 July 2009). "Polka Floyd Sees the Funny Side of Pink Floyd". The Toledo Blade. Retrieved 5 August 2009. "Any discussion of the Polka Floyd Show requires a caveat to ensure the uninitiated that the band's raison d'etre — polkafied versions of Pink Floyd — is not schtick. The band doesn't take itself too seriously, but it also never sells the music short."
- Liberty, John (9 October 2008). "Polka Floyd: Dark Side of the Accordion". Kalamazoo Gazette. Retrieved 6 August 2009.
- Pickell, Joe (undated). "Polka Floyd - The Polka Floyd Show [Static Records, 2008]". Weirdomusic.com. Retrieved 21 August 2009.
- Krolak, Barbara (28 August 2009). "The Dark Side of the Polka". The Monroe Evening News. Retrieved 31 August 2009.
- "CD Reviews; The Polka Floyd Show - Live at the Ohio Theatre". North Coast Voice Magazine. 9–23 September 2009. p. 15. Retrieved 11 September 2009.
- Peanuts. "Peanuts Interview - Polka Floyd", "OhioOnline Magazine", 15 October 2009. Retrieved on 15 October 2009.