|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
Campero International, S.A., operating as Pollo Campero, was founded in 1971 by a Guatemalan businessman, Dionisio Gutiérrez Gutiérrez - . Pollo Campero has restaurants in Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Mexico, Spain, Andorra, People's Republic of China, Indonesia, India, the Kingdom of Bahrain, the United States and Italy. The chain has over 300 locations, including 50 in the United States. According to Hispanic Business Magazine, overall average sales in the U.S. average $1.9 million per location. In 2002, Pollo Campero partnered with Adir Restaurants Corp., a sister company to La Curacao, to open up the first location in the U.S. in Los Angeles. The restaurant had one million dollars in sales in its first 47 days.
According to the company's website, the first Campero restaurant opened in Guatemala (Central America) in 1971 by the Gutierrez family, who continue to operate it today - the current CEO is Juan Jose Gutierrez. In 2002, the first U.S. Campero location opened in Los Angeles. There are now more than 50 locations across the United States in 15 states  and more than 300 Pollo Campero restaurants globally. pollo campero also signed a deal with telepizza  on September first 2004 until 2006 telepizza started introducing its products as free-standers on the various locals on pollo campero. On November 14, 2007, Pollo Campero signed a deal with Wal-Mart to begin opening outlets in select Wal-Marts in 2008.
On 1 September 2012 in El Salvador, Pollo Campero started the Don Pollo fried chicken carryout, with 47 stores in El Salvador; it is also called Pollo Granjero in Guatemala. The Don Pollo stores have the same color scheme and serve the same chicken.
The Pollo Campero in West New York, New Jersey
Pollo Campero Shanghai
Mobile Pollo Campero truck seen in San Luis Talpa, El Salvador
- "International". campero.com. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Pollo Campero Franchise Information, including number of stores information
- "Adir Restaurants Corp.". La Curacao. Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- "Campero U.S.A. Fact Sheet." Pollo Campero. Retrieved on February 18, 2010.
- "Our Story". Pollo Campero. accessed October 15, 2011.
- "Restaurants". Pollo Campero. accessed October 15, 2011
- Telepizza telepizza.
- Nation's Restaurant News
- "elsalvador.com, Don Pollo, el nuevo miembro de la familia Campero". http://www.elsalvador.com. 27 November 2013. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pollo Campero.|
- Pollo Campero website (English)
- Pollo Campero website (Spanish)
- A Modo Mio website showing Pollo Campero information (Italian)
- Disney World restaurant article
- Campero emprende conquista de China
- Send Pollo Campero to loved ones in El Salvador