Pollution (The Goodies)
|The Goodies episode|
|Episode no.||Series 2
Episode 10 (of 76)
|Original air date||15 October 1971
(Friday — 10.10 p.m.)
|Series 2 episodes|
|List of The Goodies episodes|
This episode is also known as "The Ministry of Pollution".
Written by The Goodies, with songs and music by Bill Oddie.
Tim, Graeme and Bill go to the beach for a swim, but discover that the water is polluted. Then they notice how widespread the pollution is. They discover that the Ministry for Pollution is responsible for the problem.
The Goodies arrange for widespread grass to overcome the pollution, by seeding the clouds with grass seeds, and the results are far beyond their wildest dreams. Cars can no longer be driven, because the streets cannot be seen, and everybody grows grass instead of hair. Lawn mowers are in fashion as transport — also in fashion are tiny garden ornaments and scarecrows which are made especially for wearing in people's hair. Birds also profit by being able to build nests in the hair.
- "The Complete Goodies" — Robert Ross, B T Batsford, London, 2000
- "The Goodies Rule OK" — Robert Ross, Carlton Books Ltd, Sydney, 2006
- "From Fringe to Flying Circus — 'Celebrating a Unique Generation of Comedy 1960-1980'" — Roger Wilmut, Eyre Methuen Ltd, 1980
- "The Goodies Episode Summaries" — Brett Allender
- "The Goodies — Fact File" — Matthew K. Sharp