|Launched||June 7, 2008(SD version) February 3, 2014 (HD version)|
|Owned by||Polsat Group|
|Picture format||16:9 576i (SDTV)|
|Audience share||1.04% (2013, Nielsen)|
|Slogan||Widzisz. Wiesz. Rozumiesz. (You see. You know. You understand.)|
|Sister channel(s)||Polsat Biznes|
|Polish digital||TV Mobilna - MUX 4 (pay)|
|Cyfrowy Polsat||Channel 5, Channel 60, Channel 66|
|Orange TV||Channel 45|
|UPC Poland||Channel 321|
Polsat News is a Polish news channel, launched on 7 June 2008 at 7:00 AM (UTC+1). Being a part of the Polsat Network, Polsat News is owned by Polsat Group. It is available over Cyfrowy Polsat, Cyfra+ and UPC Poland digital platforms in Poland. It is broadcast on Hot Bird 6, 11158V, 27500 3/4.
Polsat News started broadcasting on 7 June 2008 thirty seconds before the 7 AM hour (UTC+1). Polsat News is the first Polish news channel to broadcast in 16:9 format. From 7 June to 14 July the channel was broadcast in test emission. Up to September, the channel was broadcast as FTA.
The live programme is broadcast from 6 AM to 24 AM (UTC+1). The news programmes are broadcast every half an hour. The channel hires about 400 people.
On 1 August 2008 Polsat News started broadcasting adverts.
Programmes are split into three parts: morning - Nowy Dzień (New Day), afternoon - To jest dzień (It's the day) and evening - To był dzień (That Was a Day).
On 6 June 2008 Polsat News opened a TV studio, in which its programs are recorded and where Wydarzenia (main Polsat news program) are recorded. Its cost was €6,000,000.
- Informacje (News, every half an hour)
- Informacje dnia (News of the Day, an evening news report, 9.00 PM)
- Pogoda (Weather)
- Sport (Sport)
- Nowy dzień (New Day, block programming from 6.00 AM to 11 AM) - also in Polsat from 6 AM to 7 AM every day
- To jest dzień (That Is a Day, block programming from 11 AM to 20 PM)
- To był dzień (That Was a Day, evening report, 8 PM to 9 PM)
- To był dzień na świecie (That Was a Day in the World, an evening report of current affairs around the world, 9.30 PM-10 PM)
- Sportowe podsumowanie dnia (an evening sport report)
- Wydarzenia (Events, Polsat news service, 3.50 PM and 6.50 PM)
- Biznes Informacje (Business News) - prepare business journalists Polsat News and journalists TV Biznes
- Interwencja Extra (coverage of affairs that are minor but often controversial)
- Graffiti (a political talk show)
- Ostatnia instancja (The Last Instance)
- Gość "Wydarzeń" (Guest "Events", a news service)
- Debata (Debate) - also in TV Biznes
- Encyklopedia zdrowia (Health Encyclopedia)
- Czarny punkt (Black Point)
- Nie daj się fiskusowi (Cope with the Tax Office) - also in TV Biznes
|June 7, 2008 - to this day||Modeled on the logotype Polsat television. The bulk of the gray color or glaucous, with the word "NEWS" and the symbol of the arrow (top right), smaller - orange.|
Centres in other countries:
- "TVP1, TVN, Polsat i TVP2 mocno w dół w 2013 r. (top 122)". wirtualnemedia.pl. 02 January 2014.