Polska Grupa Energetyczna
|Traded as||WSE: PGE|
|Key people||Krzysztof Kilian (President)|
|Operating income||3.870.516 zł|
|Net income||3.067.574 zł|
|Total assets||58.253.935 zł|
|Total equity||40.671.811 zł|
Polska Grupa Energetyczna (PGE SA or PGE Group, the name can be translated as Polish Energy Group) is a state-owned power company and the largest power producing company in Poland. PGE is listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the WIG30 index.
The PGE Group has its origin in the establishment of Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne S.A. in 1990. In 2007 the Transmission System Operator PSE-Operator was separated from the PSE. On 9 May 2007 Polska Grupa Energetyczna was established by the merger of PSE, PGE Energia SA and BOT Górnictwo i Energetyka S.A. 6 November 2009 IPO in Warsaw Stock Exchange. 19 March 2010 included to WIG20.
The PGE Group operates two large lignite mines and more than 40 power stations, including the Bełchatów Power Station. Power stations are fueled mainly by hard coal and lignite. The company consists of eight distribution system operator companies, eight electricity retail sales companies, an electricity wholesale company and enterprises operating in other industries (including the telecommunications).
The company bought the naming rights for the PGE Arena Gdańsk, a football stadium in Gdańsk, Poland, for 35 million złoty (about 8.5 million euro) for a duration of five years. The 2010 Speedway World Cup is named according to PGE.
- Pawel Kozlowski; Katarzyna Klimasinska (2009-02-25). Poland Can’t Delay Asset Sales, Treasury’s Grad Says. Bloomberg. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Tomasz Zadroga (2008-10-31). "Activities of the Polish Energy Group" (PDF). Baltic Rim Economies (Pan-European Institute). Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "Poland wants nuclear home and abroad". World Nuclear News. 2009-01-16. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "Polska Grupa Energetyczna". bankier.pl. 2009-01-15. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "Komunikat prasowy FIM" (in Polish). pzm.pl. 2010-07-14. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
|This article about a company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Polish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|