From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up poly- in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Poly may refer to:
- Polyethylene, a common plastic used in packaging
- Polyurethane, a polymer used in manufacture of hard-plastic objects
- Polyester, a category of natural and synthetic polymers
- Polystyrene, aromatic polymer made from the aromatic monomer styrene
Science and technology
- Polysilicon, a state of silicon used in transistors and microchips
- Poly-A, a step in the transcription of DNA to RNA
- Polyphenol, a class of biological molecules
- Polygraph, or "lie detector" (particularly in Defense & Intelligence fields)
- Polysaccharide, a sugar consisting of many monosaccharides
Mathematics and logic
- Polygon, especially in relation to 3D graphics as used in terms such as high-poly
- Polyspheric, a shape composed of more than one sphere
- Polynomial, a type of mathematical function
- Polyhedron, a 3-dimensional shape composed of more than one side
Schools and education
- Polytechnic Institute of NYU, often called Poly by its students and faculty
- Institute of technology or Polytechnic institute, an educational institution
- Polymath, a person well educated in a wide variety of subjects or fields
- Polydeuces, twin brother of Castor. Often called by his Roman name Pollux.
- Polydectes, king of Seriphos.
- Polyphemus, the Cyclops who imprisoned Odysseus and his men, who later escaped him.
- Polyamory, the practice of having more than one intimate relationship at a time with the consent of everyone involved
- Polygamy, a marriage which includes more than two partners
- China Poly Group, Chinese business group
- Poly Technologies, a defense manufacturing company and member of China Poly Group
- Polyclinic, a clinic where a wide range of health care services can be obtained
- Polydactyly, having extra digits in hands or feet
- Polynesians, various ethnic groups that inhabit Polynesia
- Polyphasic sleep, the practice of sleeping multiple times in a 24-hour period
- Polytheism, the belief in and/or worship of multiple deities
- Polyglotism, the ability to speak several languages with a high degree of proficiency
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Note: This page may need to be cleaned up to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Further information might be found on the talk page. Tools: DabFix