From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pompey, otherwise known as Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus, was a Roman statesman.
Pompey may also refer to:
- Pompey, Meurthe-et-Moselle, a town in Meurthe-et-Moselle department, Lorraine, France.
- Pompey, New York, a town in Onondaga County, New York, United States.
- a nickname for Portsmouth, an English city.
- a nickname for Portsmouth F.C.
- a nickname for Fred Elliott (footballer), an Australian rules footballer in the Victorian Football League
- a nickname for Harold Edward Elliott, Australian World War I general.
- Pompey (horse), American champion racehorse.
- a character in Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare.
People with the name
- Pompeius Strabo, father of Pompey the Great.
- Gnaeus Pompeius, eldest son of Pompey the Great.
- Sextus Pompey, younger son of Pompey the Great, also known as Magnus Pius.
- Sextus Pompeius (relatives of triumvir Pompey), paternal uncle of Pompey the Great.
- Pompeian Styles, four styles of Roman painting.
- Pompeian era, a calendar era used in Roman Syria.
- Pompeii, the ancient Roman city.
- Pompeii (disambiguation)
- Pompeia (disambiguation)
- Pompeius (disambiguation)
- Pompee (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pompey.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.