Ponderosa shrub forest
Ponderosa shrub forest is a plant association and plant community found in western North America. It is found from the Rocky Mountains to the Pacific Coast Ranges in the Western United States and Western Canada.
In addition to the dominant species Pinus ponderosa - Ponderosa pine, there are other common associates within this plant association. In California they include plants such as California Buckeye (Aesculus californica).
- Maritime Coast Range Ponderosa Pine forests
- California Floristic Province
- Rocky Mountain Floristic Region
- Plant communities of California
- Index: Plant communities of the West Coast of the United States
- C.M. Hogan, 2008
- Kuchler code . accessed 11.01.2011
- Kuchler vegetation classification codes . accessed 11.01.2011</ref>
- Index of species information: Rosa nutkana
- C.Michael Hogan (2008) Aesculus californica, Globaltwitcher.com, ed. N. Strӧmberg
|This ecology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|