|Look up pont in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pont (pronounced pohn; French for bridge; also Welsh for bridge, the "t" not silent) is the name or part of the name of several places. It also means 'period' and 'exactly' in Hungarian (where the 't' is pronounced).
Pont is the name or part of the name of several communes of France:
- Pont, Côte-d'Or, in the Côte-d'Or département
- Pont-Bellanger, in the Calvados département
- Pont-d'Ouilly, in the Calvados département
- Pont-Farcy, in the Calvados département
- Pont-l'Évêque, Calvados, in the Calvados département
- Pont-l'Évêque, Oise, in the Oise département
Some examples of towns in Wales that have derived from their use of a bridge:
- Pontarddulais, Swansea, Welsh for "Bridge over the (river) Dulais"
- Pontypridd, Glamorgan, Welsh for "Bridge by the earthen house"
- DuPont, the company
- Dupont (disambiguation)
- PONT, Time zone abbreviation for Ponape Time (Micronesia), UTC+11:00
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pont.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.