||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (October 2013)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
|Title(s)||Miss World- Beauty With Purpose 2009
Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2009
Talwalkars Femina Miss Beautiful Body
Femina Miss Beautiful Smile
Pantaloons Miss India East 2009
PFMI East 09 Miss Sparkling Beauty
PFMI East 09 Miss Beautiful Body
PFMI 09 East Best Catwalk
|Femina Miss India
Miss World 2009
Pooja Chopra (born c. 1985) is an Indian model and film actress. In 2009, she was crowned as the Femina Miss India. She was also a semifinalist at Miss World and won the Beauty With A Purpose award at Miss World 2009 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
|This section requires expansion. (April 2013)|
2009–present: Femina Miss India and Miss World 09
Pooja Chopra was crowned with the 2009 Femina Miss India East title on February 17, 2009, in Kolkata. She also won Miss Perfect 10, Miss Catwalk, Miss Beautiful Smile, Talwarkars Best Body and Nakshatra Miss Sparkling Beauty, thus gaining direct entry into the top ten finalists of the Femina Miss India 2009. On April 5, 2009 Pooja Chopra was crowned the Pantaloons Femina Miss India-World 2009.
Chopra sprained her ankle while running down a flight of stairs one week prior to the Miss World final on December 12, 2009. Doctors advised her 3 weeks complete bed-rest, but she continued with the competition. Chair of the Miss World Organization Julia Morley suggested that Pooja drop out of the dance round, and so she took only a few steps before being allowed to stop. She finished as one of the top sixteen finalists.
On December 12, 2009, she won the "Beauty With a Purpose" title at Miss World 2009 based on her charitable work in the India "Nanhi Kali" project. She won US$10,000 for her "Nanhi Kali" project which helps small girls fight poverty.
During her reign she endorsed brands such as Tata Docomo, Bajaj Allainz, Richfeel, Body and Soul, Roots Comb, Evolve Med Spa, and Juvederm Voluma On April 30, 2010 Pooja crowned her successor Manasvi Mamgai as the next Miss India World.
Pooja was also featured in Times 50 most beautiful women at No. 28, the list features India's most beautiful faces.
Chopra made her acting debut in the 2011 Tamil film, Ponnar Shankar, playing the role of Princess Muthaayi, opposite Prashanth Thiagarajan. The film was written by the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu M. Karunanidhi and directed by Thiagarajan. Before she made her debut in Bollywood as a leading lady, she had minor roles in Madhur Bhandarkar's films Fashion and Heroine.
She recently was seen in Vipul Shah's action film Commando opposite Vidyut Jammwal, where she appeared in her first lead role . Taran Adarsh mentioned that COMMANDO is, at heart, an action fare, but as the reels unfold, you realize her role in the film has shades that are essential for a Hindi film heroine and Pooja Chopra gives it her best shot. She's photogenic, but most significantly, comes across as a poised and self-assured actress."
|2011||Ponnar Shankar||Princess Muthaayi||Tamil||Lead|
|2012||Heroine||Shaheen Khan||Hindi||Special appearance|
|2013||Commando||Simrit Sarabjit Kaur||Hindi||Lead|
|2014||Commando 2||Simrit Sarabjit Kaur||Hindi||Lead|
- "2009 – India". Beautywithapurpose.com. 2012-02-24. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Welcome". Miss World. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Neera Chopra: My Husband threw us out". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2009-04-26. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- (ref: the documentary 'The World Before Her')
- "Pooja Chopra".
- Business Standard (2009-12-19). "Global highlights of the week". Business-standard.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Spotlight on Fashion 2009". Zeenews.com. 2009-12-28. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- Name * (2009-12-19). "Katrina Kaif clinches the number one spot in sexiest Asian women poll – Bhangra News Feed". Bhangra.org. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Pooja Chopra brand ambassador of Tata Docomo". Bollyone.com. 2009-08-06. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Business : Bajaj Allianz launches women-specific scheme". The Hindu. 2009-04-10. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Launch – Richfeel Trichology Centre by Pooja Chopra in Delhi – Buzzintown | user comments, ratings for venue". Buzzintown. 2010-02-10. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Evolve Med Spa". Evolve Med Spa. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Pooja Chopra unveils Juvederm Voluma | Launch Events | Bollywood Bytes". Hamaraphotos.com. 2010-05-06. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Times Most Desirable People 2009". Itimes.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Ponnar Shankar sold to Martin Productions". Kollytalk.com. 2010-08-15. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Former Miss India Pooja Chopra became an actress for her mother". Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- Sharma, Sarika. "Ayushmann Khuraana's 'Nautanki Saala', Vidyut Jamwal's Commando hit screens today". Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- Adarsh, Taran. "Commando (2013) Movie Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- Iyer, Meena. "Commando (2013) Movie Review". Times Of India. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- Adarsh, Taran. "Commando - Movie Review". BollywoodHungama.com. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- Iyer, Meena. "Commando - Movie Review". Times Of India. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pooja Chopra.|
- Pooja Chopra at the Internet Movie Database
- Miss India - Official website
- Miss India - Profile
- Pooja Chopra crowned Femina Miss India 2009
|Awards and achievements|
|Femina Miss India World
|Miss World Beauty With A Purpose