Pop (fashion magazine)
Kate Moss on one of two covers for Autumn 2006.
|Circulation||80,000+ per issue|
Pop is a British fashion magazine co-founded in 2000 by Ashley Heath and editor Katie Grand. The initial creative directors for the magazine were Lee Swillingham and Stuart Spalding. Pop is published bi-annually.
In 1999, the publishing house Emap enticed Grand to leave Dazed & Confused—a magazine founded by Rankin and Jefferson Hack—and invited her to work on the cult magazine The Face, as the magazine's official fashion director. At the same time Emap offered her a position as Editor-in- Chief of an as-yet unnamed new magazine. The first issue of Pop was launched in September 2000. Grand said that her main concept was that "it to be really jolly. And pink — I was obsessed with it being pink."
Pop has now relaunched in an online digital format as THEPOP.COM. The first issue under new management was released on 1 September 2009. Dasha Zhukova was hired as editor-in-chief with Ashley Heath as the Editorial Director and David Girhammar as an editor.
On September 1, 2010, Britney Spears graced the cover of the magazine for her first time.
See also 
- "Roman Abramovich's girlfriend Dasha Zhukova takes reins at Pop magazine", The Telegraph, 28 February 2009
- Murray Healy, "Katie Grand: She's Popping Out", Hint Magazine, hintmag.com, 2004. Retrieved 17-06-2009.
- "Designer Swillingham goes pop in grand style", Creative Review, 01 September 2000. Retrieved 07-06-2009.
- Rachael Gallagher, "Mark Frith joins Katie Grand style magazine as consultant", The Press Gazette, 9 December 2008
- Caitlin Fitzsimmons, "Dasha Zhukova named editor-in-chief of Pop magazine", The Guardian, 27 February 2009. Retrieved 17-06-2009.
- "::: Acido Surtido / News :::". Acidosurtido.com.ar. Retrieved 2010-03-22.