From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There have been fourteen popes named Clement.
- Pope Clement I saint, (88–98)
- Pope Clement II (1046–1047)
- Pope Clement III (1187–1191)
- Pope Clement IV (1265–1268)
- Pope Clement V (1305–1314) — memorable for suppressing the Knights Templar, and moving papacy to Avignon
- Pope Clement VI (1342–1352) — known for being the Pope during the Black Death
- Pope Clement VII (1523–1534) — refused to annul the marriage of Henry VIII, thus prompting the English Reformation
- Pope Clement VIII (1592–1605)
- Pope Clement IX (1667–1669)
- Pope Clement X (1670–1676)
- Pope Clement XI (1700–1721)
- Pope Clement XII (1730–1740)
- Pope Clement XIII (1758–1769)
- Pope Clement XIV (1769–1774)
There have also been three antipopes named Clement.
- Antipope Clement III (1080–1085)
- Antipope Clement VII (1378–1394) First Avignon Pope
- Antipope Clement VIII (1423–1429)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.