Poplar Grove Township, Boone County, Illinois
|Poplar Grove Township|
|— Township —|
|Settlement||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||23.75 sq mi (61.51 km2)|
|• Land||23.74 sq mi (61.49 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.02 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||902 ft (275 m)|
|• Density||133.8/sq mi (51.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61008, 61011, 61012, 61065|
|GNIS feature ID||0429591|
Poplar Grove Township is one of nine townships in Boone County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2000 census, its population was 3,176. Poplar Grove Township was formed from parts of Caledonia Township and Boone Township after 1921.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Poplar Grove Township covers an area of 23.75 square miles (61.5 km2); of this, 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) or 0.03 percent is water.
Unincorporated towns 
The township contains these five cemeteries: Clark, Ewins, Popular Grove, Russellville and South Poplar Grove.
Major highways 
School districts 
- Belvidere Consolidated Unit School District 100
- North Boone Community Unit School District 200
Political districts 
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 69
- State Senate District 35
- "Poplar Grove Township, Boone County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
||Manchester Township||Leroy Township|
|Caledonia Township||Boone Township|
|Belvidere Township||Bonus Township|