Poplar Grove Township, Boone County, Illinois
|Poplar Grove Township|
Location in Boone County
Boone County's location in Illinois
|Settlement||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||23.84 sq mi (61.7 km2)|
|• Land||23.78 sq mi (61.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.25%|
|Elevation||902 ft (275 m)|
|• Density||212.5/sq mi (82.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61008, 61011, 61012, 61065|
|GNIS feature ID||0429591|
Poplar Grove Township is one of nine townships in Boone County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 5,054 and it contained 1,785 housing units. Poplar Grove Township was formed from parts of Caledonia Township and Boone Township after 1921.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 23.84 square miles (61.7 km2), of which 23.78 square miles (61.6 km2) (or 99.75%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.25%) is water.
The township contains these five cemeteries: Clark, Ewins, Popular Grove, Russellville and South Poplar Grove.
- Belvidere Consolidated Unit School District 100
- North Boone Community Unit School District 200
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 69
- State Senate District 35
- "Poplar Grove Township, Boone County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Manchester Township||Leroy Township|
|Caledonia Township||Boone Township|
|Belvidere Township||Bonus Township|