|• Mayor||Lyudmil Veselinov|
|Elevation||210 m (690 ft)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Popovo (Bulgarian: Попово, from поп, pop, meaning "priest", and the placename suffix -ovo, literally "the priest's village") is a town in northeastern Bulgaria, part of Targovishte Province. It is the administrative centre of the homonymous Popovo Municipality. In December 2009, it had a population of 15,548 and an absolute Bulgarian majority.
The town was first mentioned in an Ottoman tax register of 1555.
- Arzamas, Nizhny Novgorod Oblast, Russia
- Câmpulung, Romania
- Lüleburgaz, Turkey
- Negotino, Republic of Macedonia
- Zaraysk, Moscow Oblast, Russia
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- Composite Gazetteer of Antarctica: Popovo Saddle.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Popovo, Bulgaria.|
Community centre (chitalishte)
|This Targovishte Province, Bulgaria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|