Popular Songs is the twelfth full-length album by Hoboken-based rock band Yo La Tengo, released digitally, on CD, and double LP on September 8, 2009. It is their 7th album released on Matador and the eighth album to be given Matador's Buy Early Get Now treatment, in which it came along with a vinyl LP featuring Yo La Tengo’s Original Score from the film, Adventureland, as well as three bonus tracks as download in MP3 and FLAC. The first two of these downloads were demo versions of two album tracks and became available shortly before the release of the CD. The third download became available on December 15, 2009. The same track is also available in the iTunes Store and on the Japanese CD issue of the album.
Five videos were made by director John McSwain to accompany one song from the album each. In the weeks leading up to the release of the album, a new video was posted on Matador's various "partner sites" and collected on Matador's own website. The first video, for "Here to Fall," was posted on Matador's own "Matablog" on July 28, 2009.
The album leaked onto the Internet on July 26; in response, Matador began streaming the album to Buy Early Get Now customers on July 28, more than a week before the stream was originally advertised to begin.
Track listing 
- "Here to Fall" - 5:45
- "Avalon or Someone Very Similar" - 3:17
- "By Two's" - 4:29
- "Nothing to Hide" - 2:46
- "Periodically Double or Triple" - 3:53
- "If It's True" - 2:39
- "I'm On My Way" - 4:35
- "When It's Dark" - 3:54
- "All Your Secrets" - 4:26
- "More Stars Than There Are In Heaven" - 9:39
- "The Fireside" - 11:25
- "And the Glitter Is Gone" - 15:54
- "You've Got a Friend" - 4:10 (Japanese CD, Buy Early Get Now & iTunes Bonus Track)
- "Nothing To Hide (demo)" - 9:47 (Buy Early Get Now Bonus Track)
- "Periodically Double Or Triple (demo)" - 7:39 (Buy Early Get Now Bonus Track)