Population Europe is the collaborative network of Europe’s leading demographic research institutes and centres. It was founded in 2009. Its aim is to coordinate and strengthen research efforts and to contribute reliable facts and findings to public discussions of population issues.
Population Europe has two branches: the Council of Advisors and the Information Centre.
The Council of Advisors assembles researchers with demonstrated and outstanding expertise on demographic analysis and on the political, economic, social, geographic and additional factors that influence population structure[disambiguation needed] and change.
The Information Centre coordinates the dissemination of demographic facts and findings on population trends and policies to a scientific audience, as well as to policy makers, influential citizens, journalists, teachers, students and the general public.
Population Europe is engaged in different activities aimed at the dissemination of policy-relevant research findings on population developments. Among these are the organization of Population Europe Events, the maintaining and updating of the Population Europe Website, and developing and maintaining the Population and Policy Database (coordinated by the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research and the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy). Publications include e.g. the policy brief series “Population & Policy Compact”, the infoletter “Demographic Insights”, and the research summaries “Population Digests”.
- EurActiv: EU news and policy debates  Retrieved January 5, 2013
- News: DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion  Retrieved January 5, 2013
- The guardian  Retrieved January 5, 2013
- Die Welt  Retrieved January 5, 2013
- NIDI Anual Report 2009  Retrieved October 24, 2012
- Institut national d’études démographiques  Retrieved October 24, 2012
- Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research  Retrieved October 24, 2012
- European Association for Population Studies  Retrieved October 24, 2012
- Population Reference Bureau  Retrieved October 24, 2012
- Population Europe website  Retrieved October 24, 2012
- Population Europe website  Retrieved November 9, 2012
- European Year for Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations  Retrieved October 24, 2012
- Joint Programming Initiative "More Years, Better Lives"  Retrieved October 24, 2012
- Europost  Retrieved January 5, 2013