Pornography in Denmark
People in Denmark have free access to pornography; it is sold in most convenience stores, and is available for purchase or rental in practically every video store, including Blockbuster. There are a few regulations: for example, pornography must be placed out of the eyesight of children, and it may not be sold to persons under the age of 15. The TV channel Kanal København broadcasts hardcore pornography free and uncoded at night.
There are no specific restrictions against animal pornography; such affairs come under animal cruelty laws. If no harm or pain has been inflicted on the animal, such acts are legal. This lack of legislation has allegedly made Denmark a center for the production of animal pornography. This accusation, however, was dismissed as a myth by Det Dyreetiske Råd, a legal council, which in November 2006 published an extensive report on the topic of animal sex.
Since 1980, child pornography has been illegal in Denmark. It is illegal to distribute photographic or video pornography of persons under the age of 18, although the age of consent in Denmark is 15. It is, however, not illegal to possess images or videos of people above 15 if such persons have given consent.
Further reading 
- Morten Thing: Pornografiens historie i Danmark (Aschehaug, 1999)
- Berl Kutchinsky: Law, pornography, and crime: The Danish experience (Pax Forlag, 1999)
- Denmark in the International Encyclopedia of Sexuality - "...Denmark was the first country in the world to legitimize written pornography in 1967 (followed by pictorial pornography in 1969).".
- Udtalelse om menneskers seksuelle omgang med dyr Det Dyreetiske Råd
- Section 234 of the Danish Criminal Code (1969), reads whoever 'sells indecent pictures or objects to a person under 16 yrs of age' is to be punished by a fine. Section 235 (1980) has a special provision concerning the reproduction and sale of child pornography, that is, sexually explicit photographs of persons who appear to be under 15 years (the taking of such pictures was always a criminal offence).