Pornography in India
The Information Technology Act, Chapter XI Paragraph 67, the Government of India clearly specifies online pornography as a punishable offense. The Indian Penal Code, 1860 section 293 also specifies, in clear terms, the law against sale of obscene objects to minors.
Section 67 of the "Information Technology Act" deals with "publishing obscene information in electronic form". This law has been interpreted to criminalize the posting of pornographic content online. However, accessing "obscene" content privately is not illegal. The IT Act was amended by the Parliament on 2008, and Section 67B was inserted which criminalizes browsing, downloading, creation, and publishing child pornorgraphy. Child anime porn is also explicitly criminalized.
Child pornography in India is illegal. In February 2009, the Parliament of India passed the "Information Technology Bill," banning the creation and transmission of child pornography. The bill enables India's law enforcement agencies to take strict action against those seeking child pornography. For example, browsing for child pornography on the Internet can lead to a 5-year term of imprisonment and a ₹ 40 lakh fine.
In India, distributing pornography is illegal. However, enforcement is extremely lax and pornographic materials are easily available in public places. Softcore and hardcore pornography movies/photos are easily accessible through magazines, films, or Internet. The law states that possessing and watching pornographic materials is legal, but production and distribution are prohibited.
Pornographic films in India are referred to as Blue Films and are available virtually anywhere; especially in areas where pirated material is already being sold. Despite the illegality, stores selling X-rated material are abundant in major cities and advertise openly; laws are rarely enforced in this case.
There are many nude models who have appeared in videos and adult magazines like Debonair.
- Anubrata Basu
- Savita Bhabhi
- Internet censorship in India
- Sex in Indian entertainment
- History of sex in India
- List of Asian pornographic actors
- Pornographic film actors by nationality
- Pornography by region
- Rajak, Brajesh (2011) . Pornography Laws: XXX Must not be Tolerated (Paperback ed.). Delhi: Universal Law co. p. 61. ISBN 978-81-7534-999-5.
- "The Indian Penal Code". World Intellectual Property Organization. World Intellectual Property Organization. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- Swati Deshpande (2009-02-16). "Browsing child porn will land you in jail". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2009-10-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Porn actresses from India.|