|Stylistic origins||Grindcore, goregrind|
|Cultural origins||Early 1990s|
|Typical instruments||Guitar - Bass guitar - Drums|
Pornogrind, also known as porno grind, porncore or porngoregrind, is a lyrical style, commonly associated with the Goregrind sub-genre of Grindcore. While mistaken to a musical genre, porngrind cannot be considered a genre/sub-genre, due to not possessing any original characteristics, since it's defined by the same lightning tempo songs of Grindcore and pig squeal vocal-style of Goregrind, Thus, being any and all goregrind bands, or, to a lesser extent, Grindcore bands that employs pornography, sex and perversion to its lyrics.
The "genre", is related to the goregrind subgenre, and has been described by Zero Tolerance as "the most downright perverted of the lot, often adding a dollop of filthy groove and vocals straight from the gutter of Chad Kroeger's anus." Natalie Purcell, however, in her book Death Metal Music: The Passion and Politics of a Subculture, suggests that pornogrind is defined solely on the basis of its lyrical content and unique imagery, its focus on pornographic content. Purcell notes that bands like Gut include "simpler, slower, and more rock-like songs". The artwork for pornogrind bands' albums is noted for its extreme and potentially offensive nature, which "would keep them out of most stores."
- "Grind Prix" (2005). Zero Tolerance #004, p. 46.
- Purcell, Natalie J. (2003). Death Metal Music: The Passion and Politics of a Subculture. McFarland. p. 24. ISBN 0-7864-1585-1. Retrieved 2007-11-28.
- Hess, Amanda. "Brick and Mordor: A record store heavy on the metal spins its last gloom and doom". Washington City Paper. Retrieved 2009-06-16.
- Sharpe-Young, Garry. "Dead". MusicMight. Retrieved 2009-06-15.[dead link]
- Mincemoyer, John. "Gore International" (2002). Terrorizer #98, pp. 19-20.
- Sharpe-Young, Garry. "Deaden biography". MusicMight. Retrieved 2009-07-17.