From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Camotes Islands. (Discuss) Proposed since November 2014.|
Map of Cebu with Poro highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||5th district of Cebu|
|Barangay||20 (see § Barangays)|
|• Mayor||Luciano Rama (BAKUD)|
|• Vice Mayor||Edgar Rama|
|• Total||63.59 km2 (24.55 sq mi)|
|• Density||370/km2 (960/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PHT (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
|Income class||4th class|
The town's name is derived from the waray-waray word "puro", meaning island.
The feast day of Poro is celebrated annually on the third Friday of January in honor of Sr. Sto Niño.
- Daan Paz (formerly Poso)
- Eastern Poblacion
- Paz (formerly Santa Rosa)
- San Jose
- Santa Rita
- Western Poblacion
|Population census of Poro|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "Province: Cebu". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Population and Annual Growth Rates by Province, City and Municipality: Central Visayas: 1995, 2000 and 2007". National Statistics Office. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Poro, Cebu.|
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|